Sika Stag out of the top draw

Shotgunspud

I don’t know where to start really but I will give it a go just for you lot!! LOL!

I was asked by a very good mate of mine to come up and have a stalk Saturday morning which I jumped at as you do. Now, I have been working with him over the past couple of months and picking his brains on stalking and I must say what this man doesn’t know about stalking is not worth knowing.

We walked to the high seat as we have done a number of times talking when he stopped having seen two magnificent Sika stags run into the woods away from us which was a pleasure to watch. We continued through the wood and up to the high seat where we got set up and waited for a good 2 hours for prickets, or so I was led to believe… still nothing then some movement in the wood and of course doe’s… another half an hour went passed with Sika calling and fighting all round us, then suddenly this Sika walked out without a care in the world onto the ride: He was something else!!

My mate said “Alex, grab your rifle as he will bring some young prickets out with him!” So I did as I was told and got ready, still with the only deer on the ride being that big Sika. He whispered “Alex, are you ready?” “Yes!” I said… he said “shoot him!” What?! I thought he could see something I couldn’t?! Again he said “shoot that stag!” With that I did as I was told, but with all the buck fever running through me I heard ‘Click’!!! I still had the safety catch on! I got myself together and pulled the trigger. With a PPSSSSS…. BOOF! the .270cal 150grain soft point thumped into its vitals! The deer jumped forward and ran not 30 yards into the woods before dropping! I was totally speechless and gobsmacked by what I’d just done, and when I finally came around a little bit I proceeded to call my mate every name under the sun (in a nice way of course!) through the sheer shock of it all! After full inspection of the deer and a lot of pictures I’m having it shoulder mounted, taking a prime spot up on my wall at home.

post-10973-1287391144.jpgpost-10973-1287391335.jpg

I would like to say a huge thank you to my mate for a fantastic day, as always. This will be one memory that’ll take some beating, and with any luck I’ll be able to sleep a bit now I’ve calmed down!

Alex

Wow matey what can i say ...FANTASTIC photo.............you will be dreaming of that one for some time.....

thats not gonna do anything to help your 'bug'...lol

take care

Daz

Oh mate bug like you would not beleave... you have got to come and have a go for yourself.

p.s pick your phone up i have been trying to tell you about it all weekend your the bloke left in kent i have not tol.

SGS

He whispered “Alex, are you ready?” “Yes!” I said… he said “shoot him!” What?! I thought he could see something I couldn’t?! Again he said “shoot that stag!”

In future I expect to see "BANG" inserted between "That" and "Stag" !!! :good:

Great stag!Well done!

He whispered “Alex, are you ready?” “Yes!” I said… he said “shoot him!” What?! I thought he could see something I couldn’t?! Again he said “shoot that stag!”

In future I expect to see "BANG" inserted between "That" and "Stag" !!! :good:

Great stag!Well done!

BIg bang just for you mate!!!! thanks for the reply.

SGS

I don’t know where to start really but I will give it a go just for you lot!! LOL!

I was asked by a very good mate of mine to come up and have a stalk Saturday morning which I jumped at as you do. Now, I have been working with him over the past couple of months and picking his brains on stalking and I must say what this man doesn’t know about stalking is not worth knowing.

We walked to the high seat as we have done a number of times talking when he stopped having seen two magnificent Sika stags run into the woods away from us which was a pleasure to watch. We continued through the wood and up to the high seat where we got set up and waited for a good 2 hours for prickets, or so I was led to believe… still nothing then some movement in the wood and of course doe’s… another half an hour went passed with Sika calling and fighting all round us, then suddenly this Sika walked out without a care in the world onto the ride: He was something else!!

My mate said “Alex, grab your rifle as he will bring some young prickets out with him!” So I did as I was told and got ready, still with the only deer on the ride being that big Sika. He whispered “Alex, are you ready?” “Yes!” I said… he said “shoot him!” What?! I thought he could see something I couldn’t?! Again he said “shoot that stag!” With that I did as I was told, but with all the buck fever running through me I heard ‘Click’!!! I still had the safety catch on! I got myself together and pulled the trigger. With a PPSSSSS…. BOOF! the .270cal 150grain soft point thumped into its vitals! The deer jumped forward and ran not 30 yards into the woods before dropping! I was totally speechless and gobsmacked by what I’d just done, and when I finally came around a little bit I proceeded to call my mate every name under the sun (in a nice way of course!) through the sheer shock of it all! After full inspection of the deer and a lot of pictures I’m having it shoulder mounted, taking a prime spot up on my wall at home.

post-10973-1287391144.jpgpost-10973-1287391335.jpg

I would like to say a huge thank you to my mate for a fantastic day, as always. This will be one memory that’ll take some beating, and with any luck I’ll be able to sleep a bit now I’ve calmed down!

Alex

Well done mate very very nice Stag :yes: