general grabber at2

vampire

As title,have had a ring round most of the local tyre dealers this afternoon for a set of 4x,255/65/16 general grabber at2,seems there is a shortage for some suppliers or a very long wait to get em in,so here is how i did;

£399.48 all in, next day :):lol: ,bring on the mud and snow :lol:

Had other quotes of

£426,down from

£399,but cant get em in !!!!! :hmm:

£420,had quoted £446 which they reduced to their best price

and three others couldnt get em and offered equiv for £75+vat for what is basically a road tyre :lol:

anyone looking for 2x good 255/65/16 road tyres and 2x not so good but legal.

Frontera is just needing a 2" lift now then its sorted :hmm:

a little tip if you up the profile it gives you both higher ground clearance and a greater availability of off road tyres

I'm probably swapping my 265 70/ 16's for 245 75 16's rolling radius is about .3% out and I really don't need massive tyres on my L200 so will help with the economy and they are about £30 a piece cheaper

There will only be 1mm differnce in diameter so if they are £30 a piece cheaper then that is what I would do.

I have just had 4 new tyres on my disco. I was going to have grabber AT2's but could not find anyone who had them in stock locally. The only one who had was £25 each dearer than anyone else.

I have gone for Falken ATs and they were less than £300 for the 4.

Just looked at 'event tyres',they would work out £9 cheaper than the cheapest quote i had and i wouldnt have to leave my house :hmm: ,still going to go with the original quote as they have them in stock.

As for the size,this is whats fitted to the frontera on the ltd ed apache,i tried to go for 235/75/16 in the ggat2,but was told the smallest and recomended size was 245 or 255/65 as fitted,so this is as advised what i have gone for,although i did want a taller tyre and not so wide :hmm:

I would assume that the others i tried havent got any as none of them have called back today :stupid:

• 2 weeks later...

Been out a couple of times with the new grabbers fitted and they are brilliant off road havent been sideways since having these :lol: and have pulled me up some muddy slopes and stuff,was worried about the road performance but if anything they are better than my old road tyres,no noise and feels stable on the back stuff :good:

Looking at fitting General Grabbers to my Hilux.

Was running BFGs'

Are the Generals any good have had some good reports

I am was quoted £105 a tyre that tyre, fitting, balancing, VAT the whole lot

not bad really works out £420 for a rolling set and these are for the 245/75/16 sizes.

just bought the same size fully fitted from event tyres for £400 fitted at work next day after ordering so i'd definitely recommend them

The Goodyear Wranglers currently fitted to my Disco TD5 are due replacement. The best deal I found for Grabber AT2 4 x 255/55/18 on the existing wheels is from Black Circle for £535.

However, I think I've managed to get hold of some cheap 16" rims and will be getting 4 x 235/70/16 Grabber AT2 fitted by Event for £385.

I've used Event several times before and have been very pleased with their service, fitting done at home so no hanging around a draughty tyre workshop with lousy coffee :lol: I think their guys have some sort of franchise deal and are keen to do a good job, rather than I've found in the past with some major tyre retailers working on my company car wheels.

Edited by philr

just bought the same size fully fitted from event tyres for £400 fitted at work next day after ordering so i'd definitely recommend them

255/65/16 general grabber at2,£399 inc all in from regional tyres in ipswich,event tyres were £9 cheaper but ipswich had already got tyres in for me,good bunch of lads into shooting so swapped stories :lol: