Quirky rabbits

malkiserow

Ive not had much in the way of odd rabbits for long while but I've just had some new land cleared for shooting.

In the past week, I've shot a 3 legged rabbit, a 1 eared rabbit, a 1 footed rabbit, a rabbit with a cataract in just one eye and a rabbit full of very tiny worms. This is out of about 40 or so in total.

Strange :hmm:

Iv caught some odd ones over the years,

Iv had one blind in one eye, several with really shreadded ears, one with a .22 pellet lodges in is front leg and quite recently a blue rabbit, about the same colour as a weimaraner.

Iv also ferreted 4 rabbits from one warren with white streaks on their heads.

i have ferreted a few over the last few days with badly burnt off ears

i put it down to the farmer buying one of them burrow blasters...showed him the results of what hes been doing and he has got rid of it.

more for me to bolt now!

had plenty of blac, white and ones with white patches over the years

1 with a missing leg

and 1 with 1 tooth which was not even poking out the gums (fully grown!)

i thought these were strange but i walked through town on saturday afternoon to see some very strange looking people...its nature

Ive not had much in the way of odd rabbits for long while but I've just had some new land cleared for shooting.

In the past week, I've shot a 3 legged rabbit, a 1 eared rabbit, a 1 footed rabbit, a rabbit with a cataract in just one eye and a rabbit full of very tiny worms. This is out of about 40 or so in total.

Strange :hmm:

Oops, I just saw a mistake.... a rabbit with 1 foot missing - not a 1 foot rabbit :yp:

I shot a rabbit a few years back which was hit in the head and chest with 5 .22 sub sonic rounds. Each making a right loud "slap" only for the rabbit to keep going. When we skinned it to see what had happened it had a sort of double skin and much more obvious muscles than any rabbit I have seen before or since.

It was literally full of holes and missing half its head.

I shot a rabbit a few years back which was hit in the head and chest with 5 .22 sub sonic rounds. Each making a right loud "slap" only for the rabbit to keep going. When we skinned it to see what had happened it had a sort of double skin and much more obvious muscles than any rabbit I have seen before or since.

It was literally full of holes and missing half its head.

Zombie rabbit outbreak? :lol: