Ferretting today

I have done little ferretting this year due to so much cover still on the ground,but some hard frosts last week have burned it down.

We always like to take it steady until the ferrets are fit and with two weeks in december purely ferretting we need to get them up and running.

We have alot of sandy soil in our area which equals lots of rabbits but can be a headache with deep warrens.

So this lot come out of one bury and took two hours for the 7 ferts to clear we loss a few due to leaves in the nets and snagging .

15 was the total and it poured down so called it day.

Cheers OTH

Ferretting21stnovember2010001.jpg

nice one m8 so are you still doing these taster days or decided not to now

Maybe next year as I have just been employed to clear a rabbit infested area over december .

So for the moment I am giving it a miss and I cant take newbies out on this contract due to aim is to reduce the numbers and this would not be the correct situ for any paying clients to attend .

Cheers OTH

And keeping watching sporting pictures for updates on bags as I get out there and do this for real not one of many PW members who seem to be purley armchair hunters .

And nowt better to do than knock and try to pick holes in members like myself.

Cheers OTH

Edited by Over the hill

Maybe next year as I have just been employed to clear a rabbit infested area over december .

And keeping watching sporting pictures for updates on bags as I get out there and do this for real not one of many PW members who seem to be purley armchair hunters .

And nowt better to do than knock and try to pick holes in members like myself.

Cheers OTH

Well spoken that man!

nice load of bunnies, I have heard one better than charging people to help you ferret though. A local gundog trainer takes people with her when she goes picking up on local shoots, did make me chuckle to think people would pay and not even take their dog along. Nice little earner pays her twice as much as she will get for picking up as well :lol:

Edited by al4x

nice load of bunnies, I have heard one better than charging people to help you ferret though. A local gundog trainer takes people with her when she goes picking up on local shoots, did make me chuckle to think people would pay and not even take their dog along. Nice little earner pays her twice as much as she will get for picking up as well :lol:

Yawn can somebody here some sort of noise I cant :no:

Cheers OTH

Interesting tool to the far left of the picture?

FM :)

FM

Its a hand post hole bore it is great for some of the ground round here it will bore though quickly .

But is useless in hard brashie soil but is a real bonus if the ferts laid up and you can get a shaft of air down if you fear the worst eg the bunny has backed up and caused a chamber with no air into the area the ferts in.

Cheers OTH

Edited by Over the hill