Mitsubishi Pajero 1993 2.5 D Japanese import Gear?

dick darstardly

you should have 2 green lights on the dash indicating you are in 2 wheel drive

when you lift the gear leaver it will flash 4 wheels and if you push fully forward it will flash green with a orange square

that means your diffs are locked :good:

if you need anything else mate pm me and you can have my number

if their flashing it means that their trying to engage, they need to be solid lite.

is it the super select gear box or the older one?

Im not sure which it is. Basicly i have the automatic stick whic gives me

Park

Nuetral

Reverse

Drive

L

If fine with those

Then the second smaller gear stick

Has i think from memory

4LLC?? (im in the office and cant go check if thats spot on)

4L

4H

2H

When i put it in Drive and 2H i get the front two wheels flashing and the back two permanantly lit.

it may be a sensor fault and the 4x4 will be working fine, find some mud and find out. My old L200 did it but the 4x4 worked perfectly so i just ignored the flashing light. I gather usually you can take the sensor out and sort it fairly easily but when it all worked I had the CBA factor

you have the mkII super select 2H=High Range 2 Wheel Drive

4H=High Range 4 Wheel Drive

4Hlc=High Range 4WD With Locked Center Differential

4Llc=Low Range 4WD With Locked Centre Diffrential

do not drive on hard or high traction surfaces in 4 wheel drive mode or you will knacker your transmission

flashing lights warning. either 4WD or C/D is engaging/ disengaging or something is not right. you should always have the bottom two lights lite.

centre orange one flashing for longer that a few seconds is not good, could be the switch, which is a gearbox out job to get to it or it could be as simple as bad oil in box.

top two green lights flashing. if their flashing as you go from 2wd to 4wd try taking your foot off the gas for a second so the engine speed drops, this will give chance for things to lock in place. same for when your coming out of 4wd to 2wd. foot off gas takes the pressure off so things will slip to where they should be, if you still cant get the lights to go out try reversing a little way as it can help it.

if things stay flashing then you have a problem.

pocuk is the place that will help you out. good bunch of guys that will sort you out.

Phil.

I gave it a go this morning in 2H and the front two light kept flashing for 5 miles then i switched back into 4H. Im wondering as i have only had the car 1 week it has yet to get above 2 deg C out there. Along with my Lit wheels on the dash i have constantly had an orange square with a picture of the vehicle sliding on the road. Is this because the car is sensing that its low temp and potential risk of ice and when i change to 2H it flashes to prompt me to be in 4H due to the risk of ice??

I have a Pajero swb Auto 2800TDI 1995. I do quite a lot of off roading while rough/pigeon/lamping.

It`s really rare to get any trouble with it and then its something small.

I`v had it 6 years an its gone through every MOT so far with no bother.

How ever if I do get something wrong and I`m unsure of the cause then Pajero Owners Club (POC) is the best place to ask with out a doubt.

I`m a life time member for only £25.

2Gether Finance is the cheapest insurance I can get and it`s also from that site.

Give em a shout. :good:

Edited by COACH

When i put it in Drive and 2H i get the front two wheels flashing and the back two permanantly lit.

The reason the lights are flashing are the bellows/actuator on the front axle is sticking, common problem as it siezes up due to lack of use..... Check on front axle where vacuum pipes got to and you will have found the problem, sometimes some wd40 and move it back and forwards to free it :good:

Any more help just PM me. Steve

The 2 bottom green lights should be on all the time.

The top 2 will come on when you engage 4wd.

A common fault is the top 2 will flash when you are in 2wd and then stay lit when you engage 4wd.9 times out of ten it is just a sensor on top of the gearbox and nothing to worry about.Try the 4wd on some mud and hang out the window to make sure the front wheels are spinning.If the 4wd is working correctly then either ignore the flashing top lights or stick a bit of tape over them so you cant see them ;)

The sensor does nothing but tell the lights to flash, so it wont do any harm at all to the 4wd system.

Yours was probably not that Lez more it wasn't disengaging the locking hubs as reversing frees them, BB is on the money as I mentioned earlier :D its likely to be a sensor issue rather than 4x4 not working and safe to ignore unless you really have time to waste. Just check it on ice or mud in 4x4 if it works then don't worry about it