Stags are still at it

Kay

i had a quick hour out yesterday saw loads of song birds but my hands were to cold to get any pics of them :lol:

But i did spot a herd of red deer & two rather handsome stags having a bit of a scrap .. mock fighting i assume as they walked off together .. i thought they looked rather good for this time of year :good:

IMG_0033-1-1.jpg

IMG_0023-1-1.jpg

IMG_0020-1edited.jpg

Edited by Kay

Great photos Kay. I'm glad you posted then as we don't seem to have heard from you recently, hope you are OK!

Just out of interest where is "Never you mind" (As per your details) as there seems to be some excellent photo opportunities around there! :lol::lol::lol:

I am lurking in the background .. :lol: I am in Staffordshire & the little bit i live in is lovely .. plenty of stuff to photograph if you look hard enough

I love it here 2 mins walk to open fields & not a dam rabbit in sight :lol:

May I ask what camera and focal lenth lense you used- very good by the way

Les :yes:

the camera i use is a canon 1000d & a canon 55/250 it would have been at the full length when i took the pics as the deer were quite a way from me .. then i cropped a few when i got home :good:

the camera i use is a canon 1000d & a canon 55/250 it would have been at the full length when i took the pics as the deer were quite a way from me .. then i cropped a few when i got home :good:

Ah I would have guessd around a 300mm lense

Im thinking of buying a decent Digital,SLR - presently I use a Fuji FinePix 5700 with a fixed focal lense- good enough but I really fancy the versatility of a large zoom say 7- to 200 or similar

Just sold a shotgun and some Pigeon Gear have around £500 to source a new camera any idea's???

Les

Ah I would have guessd around a 300mm lense

Im thinking of buying a decent Digital,SLR - presently I use a Fuji FinePix 5700 with a fixed focal lense- good enough but I really fancy the versatility of a large zoom say 7- to 200 or similar

Just sold a shotgun and some Pigeon Gear have around £500 to source a new camera any idea's???

Les

If/when we do meet up, I'll bring along my Canon 40D with 70-300 for you to try out. This was taken on Exmoor, near Dunkery at about 75m distance. Not cropped or edited. Colours are a bit washed out due to shooting into the low morning sun.

Hanks.