Toon sack Houghton

shaun4860

hopefully shearer takes the job,and then gets them relegated again :lol:

sorry :blush: ,i like newcastle utd.i just hate alan shearer.and to sack chris houghton in my opinion was wrong,but there is no loyalty in the game anymore and this is one of the better example's.newcastle's problem is they are on of the biggest teams in the country(following) but they think they can and should be competing for a top 4 place :no: .

not saying they can't in time but no way at the minute

I think toon have made a huge error in the sacking, do they really think the names touted are going to improve the team?

Fans are just not realistic, they need to accept that they are fighting for survival in the prem - and if they do its been a good season :good:

As for Shearer - when he took the job, if they went down it was ok, inevitable even, if they had stayed in the Prem he would have been a hero. so he couldnt lose, and He was too much of a coward to tough it out in the championship (not a Shearer fan, being honest its because he didnt sign for Man U, great player)

Clubs have to accept that unless a megga wealthy person marches in and spends billions, survival is the name of the game, and if you can do well in a cup all the better.

Edited by Hot-Shot

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think toon have made a huge error in the sacking, do they really think the names touted are going to improve the team?

Fans are just not realistic, they need to except that they are fighting for survival in the prem - and if they do its been a good season :good:

As for Shearer - when he took the job, if they went down it was ok, inevitable even, if they had stayed in the Prem he would have been a hero. so he couldnt lose, and He was too much of a coward to tough it out in the championship (not a Shearer fan, being honest its because he didnt sign for Man U, great player)

Clubs have to except that unless a megga wealthy person marches in and spends billions, survival is the name of the game, and if you can do well in a cup all the better.

Shearer wanted to stay on in championship and was expecting to stay on,but the fat man at the top decided to have a manager a month award instead of sticking with one and trying for the manager "of" the month award.

Complete joke sacking yesterday.(unless he gets m o neil and gives him 100 million)which is about as likely as ashley being welcome in the bigg market.

I am gutted - Chris H wadded stability and had stopped the club from being the laughing stock of the country - Fat man Ashley has wrecked things again. Hughton acted with honour, pride and in a gentlemanly manner and was therefore always likely to get the boot as he did not buy into the circus act that usually follows our managers (Sir Bobby not included in that, rest his soul). Sadly I will follow them whoever takes over 'casue I'm a stupid geordie who was brought up with NUFC as the main religion in the city. I dread to think what is going to happen now and not one of the names mentioned fills me with any hope. I am completely non-plussed. :no:

About time....

Newcastle have sacked Chris Hughton,

He was an average manager with no tactical ability on changing a game when it needed changing.

The players must also share the blame, they were inept yesterday....

We still have too many has beens that arnt good enough.....

I would have sacked Houghton after he made Bambi (Ameobi) captain...he is useless and puts very little effort in....

Shaun

Ideal Manager for Newcastle then. Who are Im afraid one of the Premierships also ran teams with average players.

May have won the FA cup 500 times and have fantastic support but dont have the Financial Clout to compete with the big 4 and really need new owners and investment. Only mediocre managers will go to Newcastle and none of them will be any better than CH. Im afraid MA has really shot himself in the foot with this one..

Ideal Manager for Newcastle then. Who are Im afraid one of the Premierships also ran teams with average players.

May have won the FA cup 500 times and have fantastic support but dont have the Financial Clout to compete with the big 4 and really need new owners and investment. Only mediocre managers will go to Newcastle and none of them will be any better than CH. Im afraid MA has really shot himself in the foot with this one..

Newcastle havnt been a BIG club for a long time... :no:

A very well supported club who deserve better than Ashley though,

I like O'neil or Jol, they are the only ones mentioned who i think could do a half decent job, but i dont think either will come as they walked on their last clubs after having no money to spend.

please see my last post about Hughton, it has also been mentioned that certain players were "picking" the team, we will never know what really happened behind the doors.

We will probably get another poor manager who wont last.

Until we get a new owner who will spend a bit we will be lucky to survive.....

Guthrie, Smith, Simpson, Ameobi were championship players NOT premiership players....

We need investment of good YOUNG players, not old has beens coming here for a final paycheck like has happened in the past.

shaun

Newcastle havnt been a BIG club for a long time... :no:

A very well supported club who deserve better than Ashley though,

I like O'neil or Jol, they are the only ones mentioned who i think could do a half decent job, but i dont think either will come as they walked on their last clubs after having no money to spend.

please see my last post about Hughton, it has also been mentioned that certain players were "picking" the team, we will never know what really happened behind the doors.

We will probably get another poor manager who wont last.

Until we get a new owner who will spend a bit we will be lucky to survive.....

Guthrie, Smith, Simpson, Ameobi were championship players NOT premiership players....

We need investment of good YOUNG players, not old has beens coming here for a final paycheck like has happened in the past.

shaun

Agreed, but dont beat yourself up about it...until you have been a WHAM supporter for 35 years you dont know what pain or mediocrity is... ;)

Toon will be OK...theres no chance they will get relegated in the next 4 or 5 years

Their incredible support will see them through...Ive been to home matches at every Premiership Club in the country except Fulham and Wigan and there is nowhere, absolutely nowhere in Britain that can compete with the fervent and partizan atmosphere at a full St James Park...Old Trafford, Anfield or The Emirates dont come close... :yes:

Agreed, but dont beat yourself up about it...until you have been a WHAM supporter for 35 years you dont know what pain or mediocrity is... ;)

Toon will be OK...theres no chance they will get relegated in the next 4 or 5 years

Their incredible support will see them through...Ive been to home matches at every Premiership Club in the country except Fulham and Wigan and there is nowhere, absolutely nowhere in Britain that can compete with the fervent and partizan atmosphere at a full St James Park...Old Trafford, Anfield or The Emirates dont come close... :yes:

If only - what on earth has support got to do with staying up - we got relegated two seasons ago with bigger gates than this season - sadly the owner is as dillusional as our fans (me included at times) in thinking we are a big club - we are not - NUFC have loads of fans who go to the match and a great stadium - we have average players and an awful management structure.

If only - what on earth has support got to do with staying up - we got relegated two seasons ago with bigger gates than this season - sadly the owner is as dillusional as our fans (me included at times) in thinking we are a big club - we are not - NUFC have loads of fans who go to the match and a great stadium - we have average players and an awful management structure.

No chance of relegation while wigan wolves wba and whu are around so dont lose any sleep over it.....

Clubs with big support levels of Newcastle might get relegated occassionally but they invariably come straight back up again.

No chance of relegation while wigan wolves wba and whu are around so dont lose any sleep over it.....

Clubs with big support levels of Newcastle might get relegated occassionally but they invariably come straight back up again.

You do have a valid point and hopefully it will be our saving grace - I hope the directors don't come out and say he got sacked becasue of the West Brom result. rubbish as we were, we had several key bods missing and our central defence were awful - I haven't rated Taylor for a long time now and would not shed a tear if he disappeared in the Jan transfer window as he is a donkey - it's scary how much we miss the reformed thug known as Barton - he is a key player for us nowadays with Molan and both were sorely missed on Sunday.

Here's hoping the Hammers, Wigan and Wolves continue their dismal form. :good:

Like leeds?

KW

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

OH, BY THE WAY, DID IMENTION

FCB

Totally ******** mystified - Pardew, extensive premiership experience eh? FCB has finally confirmed what many have thought for a long time - -he has nothing but contempt for the Geordie nation and is quite clearly surrounding himself with his yes men just as he did building his business empire. I will always love my home town club but a large part of me hopes we get tonked by whoever CH takes the reigns of whenver that may be. It will be sad that an opposing manager will get bigger cheers than the Toon manager.

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

:angry:

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

OH, BY THE WAY, DID IMENTION

FCB

Totally ******** mystified - Pardew, extensive premiership experience eh? FCB has finally confirmed what many have thought for a long time - -he has nothing but contempt for the Geordie nation and is quite clearly surrounding himself with his yes men just as he did building his business empire. I will always love my home town club but a large part of me hopes we get tonked by whoever CH takes the reigns of whenver that may be. It will be sad that an opposing manager will get bigger cheers than the Toon manager.

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

FCB

:angry:

ok i will bite....the F and the B im with but whats the C?...

*EDIT* tis ok ive worked it out...lol "Cockney"

shaun

Edited by shaun4860