Toon sack Houghton

shaun4860

About time....

Newcastle have sacked Chris Hughton,

He was an average manager with no tactical ability on changing a game when it needed changing.

The players must also share the blame, they were inept yesterday....

We still have too many has beens that arnt good enough.....

I would have sacked Houghton after he made Bambi (Ameobi) captain...he is useless and puts very little effort in....

Shaun

Edited by shaun4860

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Championship here we come.....

I think at this point Shearer would tell him to stuff it if he tried to offer him the job after what he put him through last year. The manager is the least of our worries.

I wish there was a way to sack an owner.....

Championship here we come.....

I think at this point Shearer would tell him to stuff it if he tried to offer him the job after what he put him through last year. The manager is the least of our worries.

I wish there was a way to sack an owner.....

Not necessarily? I think we needed stability now but its true that I have previously stated that the results in the championship were in spite of him rather than because of him? now perhaps we will get rid of the statue up front and play rangerand Vuckic for a change,then start to play the ball on the ground (which we CAN do) rather than hoof it up front only for it to bounce off omebic and come straight back at us oh and lets get rid of smith (sad but his game is gone) guthrie routledge and spiderman.

KW

Not necessarily? I think we needed stability now but its true that I have previously stated that the results in the championship were in spite of him rather than because of him? now perhaps we will get rid of the statue up front and play rangerand Vuckic for a change,then start to play the ball on the ground (which we CAN do) rather than hoof it up front only for it to bounce off omebic and come straight back at us oh and lets get rid of smith (sad but his game is gone) guthrie routledge and spiderman.

KW

I agree with everything you've said. I just hope we can find someone who'll do this. I'm not doubting the players at all. The talent and ability is there, it just needs a leader to make the best use of it. My fear is the way Ashley faffs about with everything it'll be a string of temporary managers and they'll be a slide to the bottom of the league from here out. I hope I'm wrong though.

people were saying he had nothing to spend which was true, but other managers get by with no money

shaun

Name a Top Tenner who hasn,t got money to spend ??

Even Bolton (£93m in debt) are prepared to spend !!

West Ham .. no money and bottom.

Wolves .. no investment and 2nd from bottom.

Wigan .. no money and very poor gates 3rd from bottom.

Don't blame the manager he can only field a team of players who he thinks will perform, I agree that Ranger does deserve more starts but any forwad is only as good as the service he resieves from midfield .. and ours is poor. I agree that Smith is past it but he will put in a 100% performance even now but when your legs are gone .........

Until the 'Fat Man' sells the club I don't expect any better.

Bad darts I say.....5 games without a win does not a sacking deserve. He was never gonna get you into the champions league but he'd have done a respectable job of maintaining the clubs status in the Prem.

I hope its not one step forward, 3 steps back.

p.s. Im a red scouser, so I know what its like to have no money for players and a manager with a job on his hands.

Name a Top Tenner who hasn,t got money to spend ??

Even Bolton (£93m in debt) are prepared to spend !!

West Ham .. no money and bottom.

Wolves .. no investment and 2nd from bottom.

Wigan .. no money and very poor gates 3rd from bottom.

Don't blame the manager he can only field a team of players who he thinks will perform, I agree that Ranger does deserve more starts but any forwad is only as good as the service he resieves from midfield .. and ours is poor. I agree that Smith is past it but he will put in a 100% performance even now but when your legs are gone .........

Until the 'Fat Man' sells the club I don't expect any better.

When Roy Hodgson was at Fulham they did a great job....yes no trophies but steady....

Newcastle i fear will become another yoyo team....

As for Smith......im afraid he has been poor for the last 2 seasons....

Ameobi desnt even try, AND we gave him a new 5 year contract last year... :no: .....Spiderman can run but his final ball is dismal,

Simpson cant hack it, Guthrie cant hack it,

We wont get the players in because there is no money, so why not give the youngsters a chance.....

I would rather have a team of youngsters that WANT to play rather than the the bunch that just want the money, play ranger alongside Carrol.....

The last 2 games Hughton made Ameobi captain, first one he took him off halfway through the second half, yesterday he took him off at half time.....He cant hack it in the premiership!!!

Its pityful, we need a new owner with a bit of ambition,

My biggest fear at the moment is that he brings Kinnear back :no:

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

I can't help thinking that this sacking is a bad move at this moment in time. It was always going to a difficult season for Newcastle this year, surely just staying in the Premiership this season would be an achievement with the squad that they have. I saw Newcastle play three times in the Championship last season and was less than impressed then. Unless i'm wrong i don't believe that the squad was significantly strenghened for this season. How can the medioce Chamionship players from last season be expected to consistantly deliver the goods this season? I hope Newcastle do stay up but they will the need the right man and new players to do so

About time....

Newcastle have sacked Chris Hughton,

He was an average manager with no tactical ability on changing a game when it needed changing.

The players must also share the blame, they were inept yesterday....

We still have too many has beens that arnt good enough.....

I would have sacked Houghton after he made Bambi (Ameobi) captain...he is useless and puts very little effort in....

Shaun

I think thats a bit harsh, I taught he done well, he got them promoted and there 11th in the table not bad in my view, what were they expecting top 4?

The owners are deluded, they'll see how stupid they were when the toon get relegated again!

I think thats a bit harsh, I taught he done well, he got them promoted and there 11th in the table not bad in my view, what were they expecting top 4?

The owners are deluded, they'll see how stupid they were when the toon get relegated again!

11th equates to 4 points off the relegation places if you think thats good your an irishman :blush:

KW

Thats the thing.....unfortunately under Hughton i could see that happening....

yes we seemed to play ok against the BIG clubs but very poorly against the rest....

unfortunately there are far more average teams than good (i class Newcastle as one of the poor teams at the minute)

We have some very hard games coming up over Xmas and as Kdubya has said, we are only 4 points above the drop zone.

We have been in decline since "Bobby" was sacked for finishing 4th..... :blink:

Please no-one suggest bringing Keagan back.... :/

shaun

Edited by shaun4860

Newcastle must be delusional.

Hughton, whatever his limitations, brought them in to the Premiership and they are well placed. For the owner, this isn't good enough - presumably an incoming manager would be expected to win the Premiership this year, or next year at the latest.

The team is where they ought to be - challenging for nothing but survival.

Whoever goes there will get a nice contract - get sacked and get some nice compensation.

They don't know when they are well off. Absolute muppets.

hopefully shearer takes the job,and then gets them relegated again :lol:

sorry :blush: ,i like newcastle utd.i just hate alan shearer.and to sack chris houghton in my opinion was wrong,but there is no loyalty in the game anymore and this is one of the better example's.newcastle's problem is they are on of the biggest teams in the country(following) but they think they can and should be competing for a top 4 place :no: .

not saying they can't in time but no way at the minute

I would be amazed (and now i've said it probably proved wrong) if Jol had left Ajax to then go to Newcastle. Mainly because the two of them were together at spurs for a couple of years and experienced joint heart break at being binned for the spanish imposition...

Jol left Ajax because of (what he thought) were unfair expectations put on him and the club by directors and fans surely Newcastle are the biggest english example of this? Yes they have a lot of fans and a big stadium but they DESERVE nothing, success is earned!