HELP!!!! SCOTTISH BUYER

malantone

I KNOW THIS SECTION IS ONLY FOR SELLING SHOTGUNS BUT THOUGHT IT WAS THE BEST PLACE TO PUT THIS REQUEST

MY FAC HAS CALLED TO DISCUSS MY SHOTGUN CERT RENEWAL.

SOME TIME LAST YEAR I SOLD A LINCOLN U/O 12 BORE TO A YOUNG MAN IN SCOTLAND,

THE POLICE WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT IS, THEY HAVE NEVER RECIEVED MY LETTER TELLING THEM WHEN AND WHOM BOUGHT IT,

MY NAME IS TONY ATKINSON FORM MILLOM IN CUMBRIA. IF YOU ARE THE YOUNG FELLA WHO BOUGHT MY LINCOLN COULD YOU PM ME PLEASSSSSSE,

THEY ONLY WANT TO KNOW WHO I SOLD IT TOO. THERE IS NO PROBLEM CONCERNING THE GUN.

Tony A.

I KNOW THIS SECTION IS ONLY FOR SELLING SHOTGUNS BUT THOUGHT IT WAS THE BEST PLACE TO PUT THIS REQUEST

MY FAC HAS CALLED TO DISCUSS MY SHOTGUN CERT RENEWAL.

SOME TIME LAST YEAR I SOLD A LINCOLN U/O 12 BORE TO A YOUNG MAN IN SCOTLAND,

THE POLICE WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT IS, THEY HAVE NEVER RECIEVED MY LETTER TELLING THEM WHEN AND WHOM BOUGHT IT,

MY NAME IS TONY ATKINSON FORM MILLOM IN CUMBRIA. IF YOU ARE THE YOUNG FELLA WHO BOUGHT MY LINCOLN COULD YOU PM ME PLEASSSSSSE,

THEY ONLY WANT TO KNOW WHO I SOLD IT TOO. THERE IS NO PROBLEM CONCERNING THE GUN.

Tony A.

i am in the same situation

sold my lanber a good while ago and police have no records of where its gone

they havent recieved the letter i sent apparently

would of thought they would have a system where they can type in the serial number of the gun and find it wherever in the country it is!

i am in the same situation

sold my lanber a good while ago and police have no records of where its gone

they havent recieved the letter i sent apparently

would of thought they would have a system where they can type in the serial number of the gun and find it wherever in the country it is!

MY FAC HAS BEEN IN TOUCH WITH THE RFD WHO PAST IT ON AND HE HAS DESTROYED HIS RECORDS AFTER 18 MONTHS, MY FAC SAYS THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THAT, IE NUMBER IN COMPUTOR THEN RESULT, NOT SURE IF HE MEANT THEY CAN, OR THEY OUGHT TO BE ABLE TO.

Did you not fill in section 2 of your shotgun Certificate? Quite simply section D contains name & address of person selling or transferring shotgun!

Furtermore section E contains that persons cerificate number..

he will of filled in the other fellas cert when he sold it not his own

If you sent it RFD to RFD isn't it up to the RFD? i.e. you gave it to the RFD they have taken the gun from you and entered it onto their register, then transferred to another RFD to their register, and from the Final RFD to the buyer. Surely the legal issue is between the RFD and buyer, your letter should have informed of disposal to the sending RFD, the buyers letter of receiving from the final RFD. Or have i got this wrong?

I keep a copy of the letter is send to the FLO, but it seems the "system" breaks down quite often with misfiled, lost and inaccurate paperwork. Their is a national register much talked about in the recent enquiry into the Firearms. PErhaps they are only being entered on renewal

Edited by HDAV

always notify the FLD with recorded mail, this way you can track it and make sure they have received it.

but not that it got to the right place and they entered it on the system.

Realistically the things to do are to start with keep a copy of the letter with the details of the buyer etc, and if possible notify your firearms dept by email directly. Herts encourage this and they reply saying its been received and its job done, I keep that on the pc and also print a copy and chuck it in a box file.

but not that it got to the right place and they entered it on the system.

Realistically the things to do are to start with keep a copy of the letter with the details of the buyer etc, and if possible notify your firearms dept by email directly. Herts encourage this and they reply saying its been received and its job done, I keep that on the pc and also print a copy and chuck it in a box file.

[/quote

if its not been entered onto the system then that has nothing to do with the cert holder.

incompetence runs rife in all of the firearms departments by the look of this forum and a recorded letter that has to be signed for by them is the only legal way to do it.

[/quote

a recorded letter that has to be signed for by them is the only legal way to do it.

no its not, If it were I would have broken the law with everything in my cabinet. My force actively encourage email as do a few other local forces.

As for a recorded slip its useless on its own it as it shows you sent something to them but not the content. They will still ask you who you sold it to so you still need records.

a recorded letter that has to be signed for by them is the only legal way to do it.

no its not, If it were I would have broken the law with everything in my cabinet. My force actively encourage email as do a few other local forces.

As for a recorded slip its useless on its own it as it shows you sent something to them but not the content. They will still ask you who you sold it to so you still need records.

read the guidance then.

and where did i say you dont need records.

had a bad day have we.