FEDERAL PRIMERS

mikee

Try some CCI's

I find them much more obtainable... Whilst I think CCI rimfire ammo is complete poop - their CF primers are actually very good.

Actually, in over 30 years of reloading I have never noticed any differences between any of the primers I have bought and used. Using S&B at the moment and they are great. You can worry too much about these things.

Yes but who is ever going to know? Im not advocating that you do anything wrong I am just asking a question.............

Chances are nobody would know, but in the unlikely event that something went wrong you could kiss your FAC goodbye. Not a risk I would take. If it were me I would switch to Winchester or CCI. I can't say I have ever

noticed much difference in using primers from different manufacturers.

Chances are nobody would know, but in the unlikely event that something went wrong you could kiss your FAC goodbye. Not a risk I would take. If it were me I would switch to Winchester or CCI. I can't say I have ever

noticed much difference in using primers from different manufacturers.

Its not the law of the land its just Post office terms and conditions of business.

Its not the law of the land its just Post office terms and conditions of business.

Hi Vince, if it is the terms and conditions - then would that not be "law". Just think the jiffy bag enters the automatic sorting machine and the primers explode damaging the machine or a worker near by - do you think the royal mail would let it go without further action? I thick they would inform the police, HSSE etc and investigate to try and find who sent them.

I would not risk posting them.

Do you think they put those orange "explosives" stickers on for fun then? The Post Office or anyone else for that matter needs a license to transport hazardous goods and those goods have to be marked as such. If you fail to declare that the parcel contains explosives then you are committing an offence.

This is what is called a Statutory Instrument.....in other words it is the law of the land.

The Packaging of Explosives for Carriage Regulations 1991

I refer you to paragraph four....

4.—(1) No person shall consign explosives for carriage unless they are in packagings which comply with these Regulations.

(2) No person shall knowingly carry explosives unless they are in packagings which comply with these Regulations.

Good luck arguing your case in court with belief that it wasn't the law.

All primers are packaged to comply with current regulations. When I work in the shop and the primers come in they come by TnT or Fedex or what ever. The point I was making is that its not illegal to ship them its just that the Post Office chooses to exclude them. Its their choice not the law. Other carriers don't mind.

Spoke to one of the major suppliers yesterday about getting some primers shipped down. It happens all the time. How else do you think they get delivered?

Edited by Vince Green