Cod

Beretta28g

Had a few nice cod, things seem to be picking up. Biggest weighed 4lb6oz but i had half a dozen.

Whting are biting well too. Anyone else had any luck?

You've done bloody well mate. Well done. I've found it dire, the Yarmouth / Caister beaches have been full of weed. Trim and Mundesley full of small whiting and a few butts.

Early season I fished Dunwich and Thorpenes and we got whiting city.

Were you out in a boat?

Edited by Whitebridges

You've done bloody well mate. Well done. I've found it dire, the Yarmouth / Caister beaches have been full of weed. Trim and Mundesley full of small whiting and a few butts.

Early season I fished Dunwich and Thorpenes and we got whiting city.

Were you out in a boat?

Where are you going at the moment?

Just back from a pheasant shoot and shoot dinner, shared with several fishermen and ex fishermen. Current gossip is that there are plenty of codling in the central north sea at the moment. Trawlers are taking good catches aboard but with no quota are picking out the few other species and dumping the rest overboard. Even steaming a couple of hours to try new ground the same result-- tons of cod to be dumped dead overboard.

Blackpowder

I fished Gorleston about 300 YDS from the White Swan

Started about 9 on a flooding tide..... and didnt catch a thing till after the tide had turned at about 3 but i stayed till 10 ish.

Fishing lugs only with a paternoser rig.

Went fishing on the beach for the first time the other week and thoroughly enjoyed it... Not really into fishing myself but try to go Carp fishing at least once a year to make buying my licence worth it. Sea fishing came about because my brother (Very Keen Fisherman) got me a sea fishing set up for my birthday a couple months ago so i thought i better give it a go.

We also found that until the tide changed we had nothing except loads a weed then as tide turned we were getting lots of small whiting but did get couple of reasonable size flat fish can’t remember but think they said they were Plaice.

I am going to be joining local fishing club in the new year and I also entered into fishing competition with local tackle shop. Anyone interested in the fishing competition check it out here just click on the ad at the bottom of the page Sea Fishing Competition £300 first price can’t be bad.

By the way I have already got my ticket for the Competition, so if anyone else is going it would be nice to meet you. Come and say Hello. I don’t bite… Just look for the odd one out wearing camo gear and not catching anything…..

Went fishing on the beach for the first time the other week and thoroughly enjoyed it... Not really into fishing myself but try to go Carp fishing at least once a year to make buying my licence worth it. Sea fishing came about because my brother (Very Keen Fisherman) got me a sea fishing set up for my birthday a couple months ago so i thought i better give it a go.

We also found that until the tide changed we had nothing except loads a weed then as tide turned we were getting lots of small whiting but did get couple of reasonable size flat fish can’t remember but think they said they were Plaice.

I am going to be joining local fishing club in the new year and I also entered into fishing competition with local tackle shop. Anyone interested in the fishing competition check it out here just click on the ad at the bottom of the page Sea Fishing Competition £300 first price can’t be bad.

By the way I have already got my ticket for the Competition, so if anyone else is going it would be nice to meet you. Come and say Hello. I don’t bite… Just look for the odd one out wearing camo gear and not catching anything…..

Sorry didnt put where i was fishing it was at North beach Great Yarmouth.

Where are you going at the moment?

Giving it a rest at the minute, will try again early in the New Year. 300 yard the Hopton side of the White Swan puts you near the bushes. Good spot, I suppose the Swan is hefted?

Loosing a lot of beach south of the new Gt. Yarmouth Outer Harbour which hasn't done a lot for the beach fishing I guess?

Edited by Whitebridges