GranTurismo 5

Scully

This may have been done before,but couldn't find it anywhere,so apologies just in case.

After waiting for about 5 years for what was supposed to be one of the best games ever devised...'life is too short for this game!'(official review from years ago) I'm not now sure if I want to buy it or not.Have looke dat the on-line reviews etc and from what I've seen it doesn't look much improved from GT4.The graphics are ok,but there's still no damage(like the Colin Macrae etc games)which means you can drive as recklessly as you like and get away with it,and in one magazine of my sons it was given a star rating of 3 as opposed to 4 for GT4!I would appreciate the views of those who have played/bought this game.Cheers.

I have got it and I think the wait has been too long and the hype gone over too many times for the game to EVER be as well received as its predecessors.

It is the same beautifully crafted game as the GT series has become reknowned for, but as you say, with the graphics of games like Grid, WRC and Need for Speed catching up quickly over the past couple of years, it doesn't really have that to fall back on as a selling point anymore.

Gameplay is as you would expect and the 'feel' of the handling is like no other game currently produced which is a huge plus.

The go-karts are fun but I don't think they have made enough of it, should be a couple of leagues in the main game rather than just a couple of side challenges.

They could have done with upping the AI to match cars during races a bit better as it still has the old 'car too slow to win, soup car up, thrash the pants off everything' settings so you often feel like all you are racing is your own best lap time, but that is nothing new with GT.

Damage is present but VERY limited, even during 150mph+ crashes and could have been left out without much change to the game.

If you enjoyed the others in the GT series it is worth getting and you won't be too disappointed and I wouldn't let the reviews of disgruntled gamers who have been waiting too long for it to come out put you off too much.

If you want seat of your pants racing with massively enjoyable online play, I'd go for the new Need for Speed as well, its bundles of fun :good:

Bought this game a few weeks ago and love it. I'm normally a call of duty man but Gran Turismo has always appealed to me. I have a Bugatti Veyron sitting at 1169 BHP lol it tries to take off :P Love the gameplay and the graphics. Some of the licences are very hard to acquire (IC-10), but when you get the gold the feeling of achievement is immense. It would be correct to say the game was challenging, but very rewarding at the same time. Bit of an investment as well. There's loads to keep you ticking over :good:

Slightly off original topic, but has anyone played the new Assassin's Creed?

Another game guaranteed to keep you playing for hours, there is so much to do in it!!

EDIT: Why does the word assassin look wrong no matter which way I spell it even when it is right??? :hmm:

Edited by 955i

If you mean Assassins Creed 2 (I'm not familiar with this game)my son has just ordered it off the web,so I'll let you know.

No, there is a newer one out Assassain's Creed: Brotherhood.

Much the same as the previous two but with a few extra 'minigames'.

You should give it a go when he gets it, very addictive :yes:

GT5 - an excellent game but I'm not totally convinced it meets the hyper but I've only played it for a few hours

AC1 & AC2 - both tremendously ace games, if Brotherhood follows like this it'll be good. I think Assassins Creed 2 is the best thing I've played on PS3