Diving bottle refils

rumple

I currently have a HW77k, but I've been thinking of getting a PCP. The only problem I see with a PCP is charging them up, so I would guess I'd need a diving bottle as well.

Does anyone know of somewhere reliable in the Southport (Merseyside) area that can refill a bottle?

I would probably want to get a manual pump as well as an emergency back-up.

What I don't understand, is that I have a garage style air compressor, but have heard that these won't have the pressure required to charge a rifle, so how can a hand pump manage? Do they really produce higher pressures than a compressor?

Thanks for any pointers.

I currently have a HW77k, but I've been thinking of getting a PCP. The only problem I see with a PCP is charging them up, so I would guess I'd need a diving bottle as well.

Does anyone know of somewhere reliable in the Southport (Merseyside) area that can refill a bottle?

I would probably want to get a manual pump as well as an emergency back-up.

What I don't understand, is that I have a garage style air compressor, but have heard that these won't have the pressure required to charge a rifle, so how can a hand pump manage? Do they really produce higher pressures than a compressor?

Thanks for any pointers.

Hi rumple - what PCP you thinking of getting?, the reason i ask is pcp's with say a 400cc buddy bottle can be a pain in the ***** to fill from a pump but others like my Ultra are a dodle - anyway seeing as i'm in southport aswell you are welcome to nip round and try out my hills pump before deciding if you want to buy one.

Steve.

Hi rumple - what PCP you thinking of getting?, the reason i ask is pcp's with say a 400cc buddy bottle can be a pain in the ***** to fill from a pump but others like my Ultra are a dodle - anyway seeing as i'm in southport aswell you are welcome to nip round and try out my hills pump before deciding if you want to buy one.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Not sure which. I'd love a Daystate Huntsman Classic or an Air Arms S410/510, but the finances won't stretch to that at the present time, so just weighing up the options and costs of all the things I'll need on top of buying a new gun, such as bottle, pump etc. I'm only just discovering the range of modern PCPs available, after coming back to air gunning after many years away from the sport. So I'm keeping an eye on the second hand market and making a mental note of makes and prices. I appreciate your offer to try out the pump, it would be great to try it once I've got a rifle.

And nice to hear from someone else in Southport.

Gavin

there is a diving shop near the docks in preston , i have a pump for my ultra and fill it every time i get back , as long as it is not completely empty it dosnt take long to fill but it dos get the heart rate up so you cold think of it as exercise

Thanks. So another question then, is it ok to leave a PCP filled when not in use? And is there a maximum recommended time before it should be vented (if that is the right terminology)?

Thanks. So another question then, is it ok to leave a PCP filled when not in use? And is there a maximum recommended time before it should be vented (if that is the right terminology)?

You should always leave it filled, even when its not going to be used for a few months. Oring seals like to stay under pressure.

a diver friend told me that all pressured air vessels should be kept with pressure in as it helps stop them corrodding

and failing the test

a diver friend told me that all pressured air vessels should be kept with pressure in as it helps stop them corrodding

and failing the test

Quite right, breathing air is filtered and quite dry so leaving a cylinder with a pressure in it, will keep any damp air forming rust on the inside, (if it is a steel tank) Regarding failing a test, it does take a lot for a tank to fail.

My diving twins are 10 years old and as clean a new pin inside because the are filled off my compressor with 3 filters on it.

If you drain a tank down, the o ring will not have any pressure against it. If left for some time it might leak when refilled. Simple answer is to keep pressure in it.

TEH

Thanks guys for the replies. I really appreciate you all passing on all the useful information. Having been away from the airgun scene for some years, so much has changed and I feel there's a lot to catch up on.

you are very welcome i had a break for 20 years (the exwife was vegi) and air gunning has come on light years . i have a shoot near martin mere pm me if you fancy a walk

Most Air Gun Shops have cut off Compressors

Which cut of around 302 Bar - Safety

Depending how empty it was when filled - if low it get's hot

On Cooling it looses a Few Bar

If Filled @ a Dive Shop - They Mostly fill from Storege Tanks which is slower Fill

Reason for a Better Fill

But as some are aware UK Diving is Dying fast and Dive Shops closing Down

Have been asked to get Compressor to Fill bottles @ Lea Valley

Two issues - Need 3 Phrase Supply - Power is from a 14 KV Generator and Insurance would never cover it -

BOB/R

Edited by Clubshot

• 2 weeks later...

Air fills are available from our double filtered compressor which is checked every day and serviced to the highest standards.

5 Litre - £2.00

10-12 Litre - £3.00

15 Litre - £3.50

The Delph Diver Training Centre

Halfpenny Lane

Off Bannister Lane

Eccleston

Nr Chorley

Lancashire

PR7 5PR

thats where i top my bottle up fills to 300 bar :good: £5 for my bottle

Edited by iceman_lancs