first go of gun

banditboy

hey guys i got on to my m8s farm and have a go of my new gun for the first time awesome amount of fun!! but we could not find anythink alive to shoot, so we went and got some cans and played with them. shot about 100 pellets and hit about 25 lol not that bad for my first go. the range was about 30 yards. heres a pic anyway.

p.s. i already understand i look like a n00b lol.

post-11-1140630658.jpg

Unless your shooting gets a lot better please do not shoot at any quarry whatsoever. Your friend is very irresponsible to even contemplate allowing you to shoot anything other than inanimate objects.

shot about 100 pellets and hit about 25 lol not that bad for my first go

Terrible, first go an you thought you were going to go out and kill something, sorry but thats just what we do not need. Please please please think before you ever shoot at live quarry you need to practice lots on paper etc.... until you can group your shots in a reasonably small area to give you maximum capability of a clean kill.

Have a read of http://www.basc.org.uk/content/respect_for_quarry_code_o

Ben

we was going out to shot cans and paper targets not to shoot any think alive my shoot is far from gd enough, i was just praticing as my m8 was going out to shoot rabbits. this is just my first go. just having a bit of fun, we was going round with the farmer as he was givin us tips and helping me set my scope up. did'ent mean to **** ppl of as it seems, we all got to start somewere.

Sure yes we do all have to start somewhere but I'm sorry the impression you gave was that you were intending to shoot live quarry with the comment about not being able to find anything so you shot some cans.

Your grammar is also appaling I am not the best english writer by any means but yours is very bad.

"We was"!!!!!!

Ben

Good luck and enjoy the new sport.. :thumbs:

but first..

You should be able to get groups under 1" before you even consider hunting live quarry.

I practiced untill I could hit 5pence coins at 30 meters with my Webly raider. Then I went hunting..

I also reccomend you dont use that Bipod on the spring powered gun.. they dont like to be rested on anything hard, and you should also practice and train yourself to shoot free hand, and off trees or in sitting position.

You will very rarley need that for hunting, and even then a bipod doesnt help spring guns as they need to recoil freely.

"you need to practice lots on paper etc.... until you can group your shots in a reasonably small area to give you maximum capability of a clean kill."

I did give you some advice. But then common sense would have provided you with most of what you needed to know and then reading this and other forums before posting how eager you were to kill things.

Ben

any advise will be great.

mark

Mark

Post a question in the Airgun section............As you can see this forum is only making you aware that it is visited quite frequently by people trying to ban these outdoor activities lets say .........So think before you type :thumbs:

Never shot a springer in a long time so can't comment ...........Practice practice and MORE practice and when your confident you know the ability of Yourself ,Gun and ammo move on to live quarry (PEST & VERMIN ONLY ) with the intention of getting as close as you can before pulling the trigger (FIELDCRAFT) .

Something to chew on there ,

Ive

what gun is it looks like a b2 to me?

hw 80 k with tasco scope :thumbs:

hehe very big difference to B2 :P

If you want to be a good shot, youl need to practice at all ranges up to 30 meters or so. Get some targets, and put them up 10 meters to start with, and shoot thoes untill you have mastered it, then 15 meter, then 20 etc.. when you can shoot all of these well, get something like a small ball (not golf balls!) and put it at different ranges, this will allow you to get used to the pellet tradjectory, (the pellet will not go straight out to 30 meters) and by placing the ball and shooting it at different ranges, you will learn how high or low you have to aim.. because when your hunting sometimes your target can be a matter of meters away, or it could be streaching to the limit range, and you will have to know how to hit anything between.

Good luck, youl get hooked to it soon. I have applied for a firearm certificate, but I will always keep the airguns, as they are always satisfying when you get something. Plus they are cheap and fairly safe to use

Hi Mate

What is a realy good way of getting good at shooting prone and shooting rested shots is go to a local air gun club/Hunter Field Target club you will find them in the back of the air gun mags or if you look on the internet. I went to one for a while and you do realy start to get alot better and the people there will help you out well i hope they would,Its not that mutch to go maybe £3-5 at the most and after you feel you are able to shoot at live quarry go for it. Is you mate a member of the BASC i am and i have been to a few young shot days they are good fun. Hope you the best mate :thumbs: :P:D

The Gibbon

Banditboy,

I have been shooting Air rifles since i was a boy over 35yrs ago

My two Lads are now into the sport, BUT b4 they where allowed to shoot anything that remotley looked alive they have just spent a year at the gun club, Both lads can take the head off a drawing pin at 27yards.

The gun club will also tech you to have huge respect not only for your gun but for those around you.

Im sure your early post meant no harm but the sport we all love so much is under constant threat.

Some of the comments from the guys showed anger and frustration but im sure where only this strong so as to prove a point.

I must echo the comments "go to the range first" throw away your bipod and practice.

Yours

Slipster

Keep up the shooting mate, the targets are what you want to go for first then live quarry will be a lot easier.

And plexer, just a pointer... if you want to make digs at people for their grammar go on to an English literary forum. We all know what he meant and there is no point have digs at people for grammar on a shooting, conservation and fieldcraft forums is there?