Primer went off

I always reload wearing ear defenders and safety glasses and make sure that my study door is closed so that if i do have an explosion i know it isn`t going to scare the daylights out of my daughter and wife.

Safety glasses a must, :good:

I didnt used to but, hearing stories like this its made me ware them before i start using primers or powder, :good:

I reload my 222 with a big wooden hammer and a few bits of metal from Lee. i **** myself every time i smack a primer into its pocket. one of these days im know the seating rod is going to end up in the ceiling and my ears are going to bleed from the ear bashing from the wife.

I use the same for my .223, had a few go pop now, it seems to happen if the seating baset bounces on the bench.

Don't worry it isn't exciting, you may or may not hear the pop (the hammer blow hides it) the first I knew something was not right was the priming punch coming out covered in soot, that is when you lift it out, it won't go into orbit.

Neil.

I use the same for my .223, had a few go pop now, it seems to happen if the seating baset bounces on the bench.

Don't worry it isn't exciting, you may or may not hear the pop (the hammer blow hides it) the first I knew something was not right was the priming punch coming out covered in soot, that is when you lift it out, it won't go into orbit.

Neil.

Bench!!! whats that all about? I use a block of wood on my knee while watching TV.lol. Im not joking.lol.

Good to know its nothing to worry about, i changed from a metal hammer over to a wooden tent peg mallet from go-outdoors.