Sportsman too busy

al4x

My understanding from the liquidators letters I have received is that NOBODY bought much stock, Litts were in debt to something stupid like £50,000,000. What stock they had was generally not paid for and therefore still owned by the manufacturers, and where possible it was reclaimed by them.

Sportsman bought a clay ground, a lease on a shop and probably a few bits and pieces, they did not get truckloads of Berettas, etc at £50 each!

ATB! :good:

Edited by Dekers

Sportsman bought a clay ground, a lease on a shop and probably a few bits and pieces, they did not get truckloads of Berettas, etc at £50 each!

If they bought the clay ground its was only briefly on paper, they wanted the stock, its all in black and white at companies house "administrators notes" The debts were huge (all detailed by the administrators in their reports) but as far as i can see not £50,000,000.00

Not to mention the one in the middle (well, a bit nearer the sportmans really) which is as doc described, "a corner gunsmith" (it really is). Thing is, they've been doing it for a long time and know which way is up.

Cheers

Are you talking about Heavitree gun and sport?

I know the Chard brothers quite well, not a lot of stock but truely honest and reliable chaps - Played a bit of golf with Neil & He is a top bloke :good:

Edited by Hot-Shot

If they bought the clay ground its was only briefly on paper, they wanted the stock, its all in black and white at companies house "administrators notes" The debts were huge (all detailed by the administrators in their reports) but as far as i can see not £50,000,000.00

I seem to recall original debt figures were suggested in the order of £10-12 Million.

I could not believe they were that high originally, but I was pretty sure later letters I recieved put the figure around £50 Million, perhaps another revision since. After they made it more than clear I had no chance of seeing any of my £400 I sort of lost interest! If I can ever find them again I'll post the latest figures I was informed.

Are you sure you dont mean Bert at Dorset? or is there another Bert in Exeter that I dont know?

And I also heard the original shop in Torbay, with the fishing tackle is due to close soon. But I think Exeter and Dorset are safe. The buying of Litts hit them very hard.

no Bert in Exeter, I dont know why i put Devon as you correctly say it is Dorset

I wouldn't dream of ordering from them, last June called into the shop as I was down that way, I wanted to set myself up with a full reloading set up for .223 and Hornet.

The salesman gave me 5 minutes of his time to get some of the stuff I would need out for me to see, the easy stuff that was in reach, then he left for 45 minutes to chat to a mate, leaving me looking at a couple of dies sets, but no scales or press.

He seemed a bit put out when I told him his attitude had just lost him a sale, no way will I be treated like that.

Neil.

Wife ordered a jacket for me in December(Xmas) present as didn't have my size in stock told it would be 4 or 5 days and would call her as we live 15 miles away. Went in last week to get refund and picked up the same jacket off the rail apparently just came in that morning.

Went into Newport store today and had great service (there were some right idiot customers in there, asking "is it legal to walk around in public with the BB pistols and can they fire pellets" " and other such nonesense!) people buying 9mm blanks and BB guns does worry me.

I wouldn't dream of ordering from them, last June called into the shop as I was down that way, I wanted to set myself up with a full reloading set up for .223 and Hornet.

The salesman gave me 5 minutes of his time to get some of the stuff I would need out for me to see, the easy stuff that was in reach, then he left for 45 minutes to chat to a mate, leaving me looking at a couple of dies sets, but no scales or press.

He seemed a bit put out when I told him his attitude had just lost him a sale, no way will I be treated like that.

Neil.

Same as the old litts,i went in there to buy a 1.7 hmr anshutz with thumbhole stock,scope,silencer ,bipod etc your looking at over a grand,all went well at first it was in stock! salesman got it out of the rack gave it to me and promptly disapeared talking to a mate of his and his mrs,laughing and joking while i stood there waiting to buy the gun,i walked out never went back.

Then sportsman took over,so i thought i'd try again called in last year to buy a new Berretta DT10,again there was one in stock,not the nicest of woods but ok,salesman said they had about 20 more but they'd gone to gamefair (which started that day) said i deffinetly wanted one,said he'd ring me when they came back,he didn't so i rang them,he's off today i'll get him to ring you,he didn't ,i rang next day he was busy i,ll get him to ring you ,he didn't.

If they can chuck a £4'500 sale away they must have to much money,went to mid wales gun centre couldn't be more helpfull and quite a bit cheaper,so they won't be getting any more of my hard earned :no::angry: