New to shooting anything but air rifles

DeeGee68

Hi to all!

I have been shooting .22 air rifles at my club and have had my arm twisted (in a nice way) by some of them to purchase my first .22lr as this is the maximum we can shoot at the club. I was lucky enough to have a go with the club secretary and another member's Sako Finnfire with standard and varmint barrel respectively. To say I had a lot of fun is an understatement. I am awaiting my FAC and am currently doing my research on a possible purchase.

I have narrowed down my research to 3 rifles, all being bolt action as do not like semi automatic and they are:

Sako Finnfire varmint barrel but it would appear that these are rarely advertised and when they are they go like hot cakes.

CZ 452 also with a Varmint barrel and prices vary as these can be picked up new.

Lastly, Anschutz but there are just too many in .22lr to choose from so am looking at all the posts from members on this site to get a 'feel' as to what I am considering buying. I am also looking at members experiences with these rifles as I am sure they all have their pros and cons so it really would be down to personal choice and 'fit'.

Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to read this and if you have any advice, in the all to confusing world of rifles, please feel free to impart your advice and experiences.

DeeGee68

Death & Taxes

HW97k (Steve Pope conversion)

Daystate Mk4is

I have a Sako p94s Finnfire and i love it, fantastic rifle :good: . However they are like "Hens Teeth" literally but if you are lucky enough to find one i would pounce on it straight away if i were you. However because they are so much sought after they do tend to command quite a high price tag for a used 22lr. Anshutz again brilliant rifles and so too are the CZ's, you can't really go wrong with them. Welcome to Pigeon watch by the way :good:

ATB Pat

• 2 weeks later...