wanted a good gunsmith in dorset area

blindeye

I would definately reccomend Dennis at UK Gun repairs, Im fact my browning is with him now.

You will more than likely find that any gunshot you take your gun to will actually send it there. I promise you will get a better service and price than if you use someone like lambert and wiltshire (pm me for more info on that)

I took my browning to sportarm in dorchester after it had been dropped. They wanted £300 to re black the barrels and couldnt give me a price on repairing the dent in the barrels. I took it up to Uk gun repairs as i was going to plymouth. TUrns out they do all of sportarms work!!! And at a fraction of the cost!

many thanks all for the messages sent , some was an intresting read about some horror storys about some gun smiths in the area, all replys highly rated uk gun repairs and dennis even phoned me back at 7pm in the evening what a top bloke :good: no other gun smith even bothered to ring me back , so i am off to give uk gun repairs all my future business from now on . :yes:

Hi,

Blindeye, don't mean to highjack your thread but in view of your last post it is, perhaps, relevant.

All is well when all is well but what happens when it all goes wrong. When it comes to the outfit everyone is talking about, they simply change gear. I've already had several jobs done superbly well and the little dent on the Churchill barrels along with the iffy rib were sorted to perfection. Unfortunately on assembling the gun and giving it the usual wipe before putting it in the cabinet I noticed that the otherwise lovely London black had not taken in one area. No fuss, no excuses, TNT will pick them up on Monday and take them straight to the workshop where they will be sorted immediately. Must say I felt quite sorry for Dennis he was that distraught. Yep, things can go wrong but it's the manner with which they're dealt that really matters.

Cheers

yea your correct in what you say wymberley things can go wrong , it happends in every trade , but its nice to know who uses who and why ? and why they dont use them . its not like we are playing with toys, but after emailing most of the gunsmiths i could trace, only 2 emailed me back one asking me to call on wednesday next week as they said they were very busy at the mo and could not take my details until then . ( staff problems they said ) :o , and the other sent me an email within 3 hours of sending it and then a phone call the next day , i know who i am going to use , someone who cares about the costomer and takes time to understand your requests , either way my rifle is booked in now i have made the best choice in my mind :good: thank you for all your help everyone .

Try Michael Rainback Owermoigne Dorchester Dorset he do'es all my guns he's into rifle shooting and has built his own rifle which is a beautiful job you can find him on Google he lernt his trade with Holland & Holland i would reccomend him.

Pat

I was recommended this chap by a local game keeper in the Dorchester area ,he's a top chap ,