My first ever roe buck

Stuart1985

well....

having been up all night working was looking forward to getting home for a sleep, got a message from my dads pal saying would you like to go out again to try for your first buck!!

So met up and got our selfs sorted locked up nad headed into the wooded area where brian (dads mate) had seen a good few bucks about his last outting.

as we got around to the area brian instructed that he had seen something a head and we stopped, he looked through the scope and whispered you ready...... My heart then started to thump!!

we both got on our knees and hand crawled for about 20-30 meters then stopped sharply, handed me the rifle and said that the buck was chasing a doe and to wait.

waited about 5mins by this time i felt my heart just getting faster and faster.

brain now whispers to move again, then thats when i first seen the buck, it was walking pretty fast towards where the doe was brian let out a sharp and strong yell as he did so i placed the crosshairs on to the shoulder of the deer and squeezed the trigger and down he went!!!

WAS a great stalk and a great day!!

Edited by Stuart1985

Think you'll find Roe Bucks are out of season, 1st April/31st October in England & Wales, 1st April/20th October in Scotland.

It doesn't say anywhere that he has just shot it. The guy has just joined the forum by the look of it and is sharing the picture and tale of the first buck he shot.

The foliage in the picture looks like summer time to me.

Edited by Pipmoff

Great buck by the way, I remember my first couldn't take the smile off my face I still get buck fever when ever I see them or get ready for a shot. Aberdeenshire is awesome for Roe would recommend anyone looking for Roe stalking try and get it here in aberdeenshire. I shot a buck end of last season a spiker, it was huge compared to a spiker down in cumbria, food is so rich up here they grow to some crazy sizes.

08/08/10 @ 6.36 with Apple Iphone 3gs

some people on here are to quick to judge a book by its cover. What not Apology??

took me 2 seconds to look at the photo date. probably less time to do that than criticize.

nice work Stuart. happy memories for that day.

Phil.

My apologises, :blush: it was late when I posted, :blink: head not in gear or perhaps to many cans in belly, :/ 0still agood buck & you'll always remember your 1st. :good:

nice job m8 hope you didn't get that with ya air rifle too lol jokes just looked at ya last post hehe .dont worry about that comment up there theres always one who likes to be a brown nose and types before they think and look at the pic i'm sure they were mearly just telling you because they are concerned that some anti's might be lurking on the site. but hmm well done hope it tasted nice.

Great buck by the way, I remember my first couldn't take the smile off my face I still get buck fever when ever I see them or get ready for a shot. Aberdeenshire is awesome for Roe would recommend anyone looking for Roe stalking try and get it here in aberdeenshire. I shot a buck end of last season a spiker, it was huge compared to a spiker down in cumbria, food is so rich up here they grow to some crazy sizes.

definatly the place to go for roe i got an appointment with some next week cant wait atb paul

thanks everybody for your comments :)

and 08/08/10 @ 6.36 is bang on :)

not hard to work out kidda.hehe.

Right click the photo and save to desktop. go to image on desktop and double click. once open just right click and look at properties.

delete of desk top after if one wishes. :good:

I apologize for sound off earlier but it gets my back up. bit out of order on my behave really. sorry gents

All the best

Phil