What Moderator

tikka.223

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I doubt I would go back to one when it does, even though it's a decent Mod.

Here you go, a new one at 40% discount. http://jacksonrifles.com/zz-silencers/files/t8-t4-manual.pdf

Limited Lifetime Guarantee

Any BR-Tuote Reflex™ suppressor of current manufacture, regardless of age or condition, will be replaced or reconditioned to new, including a new Warranty, if returned to Jackson Rifles with payment equal to 60% of the current retail price.

Hi GS, thanks for that :good:

I seem to remember an email I sent to them a while back concerning this, I'm sure two years was mentioned.

In the event of a warranty claim, the suppressor must be returned to Jackson Rifles, carriage paid, together with the original Owner's Manual, proof of purchase and this warranty claim form.

Another problem is I bought it secondhand,

Cheers,

Right - took it all to bits.

5 minutes of struggling and straining actually unscrewing it from the rifle :oops:

10 minutes unscrewing the mod with a set of grippers :oops:

353d814b.jpg

(.270 round for size guide)

Reflex plate was untouched. Quite dirty though

469add0a.jpg96d247c7.jpg

Baffles were fine - No rust anywhere inside :yes:

b10dc812.jpg

Quick hot soapy bath - I will post the photo of the moderator I washed out which was on the HMR after 500 rounds - this is clean in comparison

64e53cf6.jpg

Thread on the rifle after a bit of WD40 and a wipe

3e32b3de.jpg

I've a Wildcat P8 on my t3 s/s in 6.5x55 and although its a decent mod, if i were buying again i'd go a-tec for the weight advantage alone as the P8 is fairly heavy.

George

Totally agree about the weight, that's why I have the COMPACT version, which many seem to have little or no knowledge of, considerable size and weight advantage over the regular P8 but exactly the same Baffle stack and just as good sound moderation up to and including .308!

:good:

PS. the parts are available to convert a FULL P8 to a COMPACT, that's what I did with my first (you can see the original tube in the picture above), I was sold after that and other COMPACTS followed! :good:

PPS I still make no suggestion this is the best moderator (however that is to be judged :hmm: ), but it offers a package I can live with! :yes::good:

Dekers,

Where could I get the parts from for this conversion and how many bits consist the 'kit'? Did it alter any zero after you made them compact?

Thanks.

GB.

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

You need the outer sleeve, inner tube and possibly a new bush! The whole front end and baffles are the same!

Talk to Andrew Banner or any of the distributors shown on the website!

I don't remember what effect, if any, it had on the zero, I would suggest checking just the same!

ATB!

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

You need the outer sleeve, inner tube and possibly a new bush! The whole front end and baffles are the same!

Talk to Andrew Banner or any of the distributors shown on the website!

I don't remember what effect, if any, it had on the zero, I would suggest checking just the same!

ATB!

Cheers.