Fox found living at top of sky scraper

TomV

A question for the pest controllers on the site - I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is illegal to release a fox back into the wild, that they should be destroyed if caught. Am I wrong?

I dont thinks its illegal as such, on the grounds your saying, but it is illegal, cruelty to animals act etc, to take a wild animal and remove it from one area, and release into another, new enviroment,no terroitary etc, your then techniqually causing pain and suffering/starvation etc to an animal

I dont thinks its illegal as such, on the grounds your saying, but it is illegal, cruelty to animals act etc, to take a wild animal and remove it from one area, and release into another, new enviroment,no terroitary etc, your then techniqually causing pain and suffering/starvation etc to an animal

Thanks for that, sir - I think it was some bizarre documentary on urban foxes that I heard somone say it, obviously either they were wrong or my memory is wrong (More than likely!), cheers.

I seem to remember a documentary on BBC1 about a couple of pest controllers from West London who caught our ginger mates in peoples back gardens and then released them in into the 'country' ah bless. Surely releasing an Urban into the great outdoors is deemed cruel. Best off putting it out of its misery before the poxy thing finds its way back to someone else neighbourhood and they get paid all over again.

Wayn78. You are right they do rehabilitate them, as they call it.

The trapped foxes were sometimes shot, but if the old dear that employed them said she prefered them to be released into the countryside, that's what they did.

Not unusual to come accross them in the country, usually very tame compared to the natural one's,

and a lot easier to "erhum" control.

I seem to remember a documentary on BBC1 about a couple of pest controllers from West London who caught our ginger mates in peoples back gardens and then released them in into the 'country' ah bless. Surely releasing an Urban into the great outdoors is deemed cruel. Best off putting it out of its misery before the poxy thing finds its way back to someone else neighbourhood and they get paid all over again.

A mate of mine's Dad used to trap moles professionally many years ago and was in the habit of taking a bags worth of the mole hill soil when he'd caught the offending beasts and got paid.

A week after the paid service of trapping the moles he'd lay some 'new' mole hills from the bag of soil he had gleaned and wait for the call to say that the customer had more moles to deal with.

Sounds similar to the pest controllers catch and release game!

They aren't salmon guys! :lol:

Duncan

A joke............... right?

Romeo has now been released on the streets of Bermondsey F.F.S. :no::no:

No doubt Romeo will go and eat 2 more children in their bedroom now!

The world has gone mad! :yes::yes:

They make it seem all so natrual that a fox should be wandering the streets in a big city, what the hell is wrong with everybody, Bunny huging liberals, as for calling him Romeo I think a bit of sick has just come up in my mouth, I bet they dont think ofn foxes when they step in what they think is dogs**t or blame cats for tiping the bins out. IDIOTS.

Chill out boys.

It's only a fox.

There's thousands of them roaming around London, one more won't make any difference. At least it won't be attacking any livestock, and let's be honest dogs do far more damage to the human population than foxes.

Can't see a problem myself.

Chill out boys.

It's only a fox.

There's thousands of them roaming around London, one more won't make any difference. At least it won't be attacking any livestock, and let's be honest dogs do far more damage to the human population than foxes.

Can't see a problem myself.

Clearly you have never had the bins ripped open all over the street, or had a pet with mange, or been woken up at 3 am with noises that sound something like a baby screaming......

I can state they are a poxy nuisance in urban areas and if I could stroll the streets with shotgun and lamp at night I bet I wold be in double figures every week without too much trouble. Urban foxes are everywhere (urban) in very high numbers and something needs to be done very drastically. I persoanlly wrote to my MP and got fobbed off by the councill who claim 'culling does not reduce numbers long term.'

Clearly you have never had the bins ripped open all over the street, or had a pet with mange, or been woken up at 3 am with noises that sound something like a baby screaming......

I can state they are a poxy nuisance in urban areas and if I could stroll the streets with shotgun and lamp at night I bet I wold be in double figures every week without too much trouble. Urban foxes are everywhere (urban) in very high numbers and something needs to be done very drastically. I persoanlly wrote to my MP and got fobbed off by the councill who claim 'culling does not reduce numbers long term.'

Cats were ripping open bin bags long before the prolification of the urban fox, and to be honest the dustmen make more of a mess than all the foxes and cats put together.

I live 2 minutes walk from a busy town centre and have seen plenty of foxes around, yet have never had any of the problems you mention.

I'm far more likely to be woken up by the drunken antics of students making there way back to their digs at 3am than a fox. Perhaps they should be 'dealt with'?

• 2 weeks later...

Cats were ripping open bin bags long before the prolification of the urban fox, and to be honest the dustmen make more of a mess than all the foxes and cats put together.

I live 2 minutes walk from a busy town centre and have seen plenty of foxes around, yet have never had any of the problems you mention.

I'm far more likely to be woken up by the drunken antics of students making there way back to their digs at 3am than a fox. Perhaps they should be 'dealt with'?

No, where I live in west London is rather quiet, around the winter months the foxes are unbearable. Having a bedroom that faces the front and being a fairly light sleeper I can 100% confirm its not students (not much nightlife around my home) and I know its foxes because I curtain twitch like an old pervert to check.

Don't tell me what I have seen/heard, I was there actually. And when a cat can pull a 4/5kg bag 3 yards onto the pavement I'll let you know ASAP.

Also in front of my halls there are no foxes, because at every hour of the day a steady stream of 1500 students living in the block stumble past at all hours, and if they make noise I don't get annoyed because I know the next night I'll be the one dragging myself home, hopefully with something to hold onto....

Don't tell me what I have seen/heard, I was there actually. And when a cat can pull a 4/5kg bag 3 yards onto the pavement I'll let you know ASAP.

Please do.

And when I see a fox that breaks car ariels, puts bollards on car roofs and throws up all over the pavement I'll let you know ASAP :yes:

Please do.

And when I see a fox that breaks car ariels, puts bollards on car roofs and throws up all over the pavement I'll let you know ASAP :yes:

If you are referring to students, and you clearly are please don't tar us all with the same brush. Some of us do our work and enjoy a light ale or two. Of course there are some (a minority) who can't help but let the inner yobbo come out when they are drunk and pull wally moves as you have described above.

Ohh and by the way, I always wait until I'm hugging a freezing cold white toilet bowl to unleash my chunder :good: