AYA no3 stock removal

darren m

It may help if I set things out in a little more detail having done this to my AYA no 4 recently.

1. Remove the screw attaching the trigger guard to the stock. Pop the guard out of the wood, and rotate it until it unscrews.

2. This reveals a small screw going up into the top strap from behind the triggers. Unscrew & remove this.

3. You now need to unscrew the big screw on the top of the gun, under the top lever. Hold the lever open with one hand & unscrew it with the other. You may be able to wedge it open.

4. You then need to unscrew the trigger plate screw which is in front of where the trigger guard screwed into the action, on the underside of the gun.

5. Once you have undone these screws you can pull the trigger plate downwards out of the stock and the action.

6. There is a little lever linking the safety to the trigger mech. As you pull the trigger plate away you will feel this disengage from a spring clip. This lever passes through a hole in the stock. The stock can then be removed.

As stated above make sure your turnscrews are a nice tight fit with parallel not tapered sides. I ground some down to fit. Make a careful note of what you see as you dismantle the gun.

many thanks for the instruction :good:

at the mo i,m getting at odd times ( say 1 in 10 ) both barrels firing at the same time on the front trigger :oops: , any ideas what will cause this

thanks

That's sorted then, you haven't got to strip the gun. The 'smith will do it when he sorts out the worn sear on the left hand barrel action. My honest advice would be that if you don't know how to strip the gun, don't even think about doing this yourself. Although you won't appreciate it, the barrels aren't firing at the same time as the recoil of the first fires the second. A quick check using snap caps is to fire the right barrel and then tap the stock firmly on the floor and see whether the left has fired.

ok may hand it to a gunsmith

recoil you say , but its double triggers not inertia , and it feels so instant no delay between the carts firing

thanks

Yep, don't get confused. The recoil or inertia on a single trigger gun is often used to "arm" the action for the second barrel ready for the second pull of the trigger. However, rest assured in your case this same principle has sought out a weak or worn spot in the action for the second barrel and within a split second of you firing the first and from which you are still subject to its recoil, the second barrel has fired. The timespan between both events is such that you are unable to separate them.