RFD

D_No

Hi all, 1st post so apologies if I have chosen the wrong section or its been discussed before, couldnt find anything when I did a search.

I have been browsing the guns for sale and alot of posts mention RFD, I understand this is some sort of firearms related delivery service but I'm confused, I would be grateful if someone could explain it to me.

Is it one company? (google informs me there is an RFDNET.net & I seem to remember them handing out leaflets at Newark, if you were there, you understand why I didnt read the leaflet :P)

If so how does it work? It was my understanding that the seller has to be present to sign over the gun being sold.

Hope you can help,

D_No

It is my understanding that RFD stands for Registered Firearms Dealer. So I believe that the gun can be sent between dealers for a charge.

Hope this helps.

Phil

Thanks Phil, so the gun would be signed over to the dealer and then again to the buyer?

go into your local Registered Firearms Dealer and ask if would be OK with him if you had a gun sent there, and tell him who it is coming from (this is a courtesy, but if your RFD knows nothing about it he may refuse it). Contact the seller and ask him to send it to your RFD. When it arrives, take your certificate along and your local RFD will sign it onto your cert then it's all yours ..... most will make a charge for this. Have done this several time myself no probs..... good luck

You have your local Registered Firearms Dealer (RFD) send the gun/item to the purchasers local RFD who then handles the handover to the person purchasing the gun/item

The RFD sending the item will charge for the service and most RFD's receiving an item will no doubt make a charge for their services too.

I haven't done this personally but it would seem the most logical conclusion as to how it would work ?

Good to know the costs involved, I didnt even think to ask! Something to be taken into consideration when pricing a sale then,

Thanks

D

Wouldnt it be nice if all RFDs waved any charge for this service, you just paid the postage costs.

Then everybody would be sending guns all over the country and more people would be visiting shops. You never know quite a few may have a browse while in the shop and pick up a few carts etc.

Not going to happen though............ :no: Viva la interwebshop... :angry:

Wouldnt it be nice if all RFDs waved any charge for this service, you just paid the postage costs.

Then everybody would be sending guns all over the country and more people would be visiting shops. You never know quite a few may have a browse while in the shop and pick up a few carts etc.

Not going to happen though............ :no: Viva la interwebshop... :angry:

It's a shame that you're right about it not happening because that was a brilliant idea. Thriving local RFDs with smiling humans behind the counter would benefit everybody.