Nice sight

roadkill

Strange site tonight for me anyway , i live in Leicestershire and most nights on my way home from work i always see foxs and badgers which is a nice site . Anyway this week im working in London Colney and on my way to work tonight from the hotel an animal crossed over the road just in front of the car at a slow pace i assumed it was a fox and then it froze on the side of the path as i was passing and much to my surprise it was a small munty .

All the years of living in the sticks and driving back and to work at funny hours i have never come across a deer before.

roadkill

Sometimes in the morning, I open the kitchen blind and see not only Muntjac, but have had fallow in there. I always go to grab the camera...then realise they are eating my plants so go for the gun instead :)

...only kidding, I've not shot any deer in my garden :)

But - they are bloody pests!

I often get called out to epping station, rats in the bin areas, midnight plus hours, lovely roads to drive that late at night, slow as anything with main beam on, so far Ive seen countless rabbits, quite a few muntjac, herds of deer and the odd fox, all at the side of road, keep meaning to take the camera, but always forget

Im often out and about in the wee small hours with the taxi or minibus, the most foxes I counted in one night was 46 and this was urban, the most bizzare sight.........an albino badger cub.

There's one main road on the outskirts of town where the deer have a habit of lying down across the road.

it's a shame i'm in Prague this week, else you could have come out one night if you fancied.

Loads of them round here mate, always see a few when im fishing. I work in colney and live round the corner so if you fancy a beer let me know.

Many thanks for the offers chaps , I will be down on more than one occasion up until June . So hopefully i will get to meet up with you both and have a beer . This week im doing nearly 20 hours on site and the rest is looking at my eye lids at the hotel but it should be calm by the time i come down again so i should have some spare time . Must remember to pack my camo :rolleyes: