pigeons on rape

cocker3

well with no drillings in our area yet it was back to the rape to day

got out the door for 8am and headed to the fields i intended to shoot and it started to rain as i got in the landy :no: .on arrival there were well over 600 pigeons on the field i had picked so put them off and set to work by this time the rain had turned to drizzle. there is a block(and i mean a block) of 13 rape fields all on one part of the estate 600 acres in all so not easy to shoot .the birds were coming in in dribs and drabs and it was slow progress and after 3 hours i started to notice a new flight line develop

at12.30i packed up with 23 down and moved to one of the other fields that the birds had started to work the drizzle had stopped and the mist was coming in as i set the hide up next to a single tree a sqizzer zipped up the tree only to drop out of it with lead poisoning :lol: .almost the minute i got back in the hide the birds started to drop in and after 45 min i had 25 more in the bag then the mist stopped play and it was time to head home after a not too bad day after all

finished with 48

post-15459-0-74599100-1300048014.jpg

pigeons from the first field

post-15459-0-30725700-1300048025.jpg

post-15459-0-32418200-1300048041.jpg

post-15459-0-10656600-1300048053.jpg