cats

king ratcatcher

Hi,

Lets get something clear. Just like dogs, not all cats roam everywhere, not all cats **** in the middle of your lawn,(I have a cat and she has never done this nor has another cat on our land) not all cats are birders, (mines not). If you were to make a law stating that cats have to be walked on leads and not let out otherwise shouldn't the same apply to dogs? For example what is normally a lap dog can wreak havoc in a field of pregnant ewes. Don't get me wrong other peoples cats can be a pest but a bucket of water or a quick wash with the hose pipe will deter them from the garden. :wub:

FM ;)

Sorry but not that many dogs would be a problem in a field full of ewes, but if they are then the owner who should be near by is at fault. But a cat being a free ranging animals will cause problems. My neighbours cat sits in his garden just waiting for a blackbird to come in and then kills it and walks off. Cats maybe have a place in the country but not in towns. All the things do is kill song birds. And sh-t in your garden, i am not being funny but this is a fact.

Hi,

Lets get something clear. Just like dogs, not all cats roam everywhere, not all cats **** in the middle of your lawn,(I have a cat and she has never done this nor has another cat on our land) not all cats are birders, (mines not). If you were to make a law stating that cats have to be walked on leads and not let out otherwise shouldn't the same apply to dogs? For example what is normally a lap dog can wreak havoc in a field of pregnant ewes. Don't get me wrong other peoples cats can be a pest but a bucket of water or a quick wash with the hose pipe will deter them from the garden. :lol:

FM :o

Good Post and i take your comments fully on board.

Fact of the matter is dogs ARE supposed to be on leashes OR under control of the owner responsible for them and that is the law.

It just is NOT enforced.

A well trained dog walking along side it's master is fine as long as it is under control fully.

I also know where your comming from about dogs and sheep it also happens with dogs and other animals like horses and cows and pigs etc. I used to work on a farm for 3 year and the FARMERS dog was a *** ;)

The farmer was nearly trampled by his cattle when the dog nipped at the cows ankles :wub:

The fact of the matter is it is HARDER to control cats roaming than dogs as most dogs are kept indoors and on a leash whilst out though there are of course the ones who don't care and let the dogs out to roam too but these dogs can be impounded and the owners fined where as cats i would say 99% roam freely.

Cats in America and in Australia have DESIMATED the small wildlife such as rodents and birds to such an extent they are shot on sight in some states and as said in Australia are kept in runs or indoors and the owners FINED if they are found roaming

LG

cats that are found roaming in the bush in oz are shot on sight ! my pitbull dingo cross used to tree them and id give them a barrel full of no 2 shot or bb s. not sporting but the gov wants them eradicated as they cause such environmental damage.