New Boys at the Clay Ground

Marc M

Had a bash at the local English Sporting 50 bird shoot this morning with a few fellow gun oil/araldite smell loving folks...

Even though it was every man for himself we still managed to brave a very quick smile together!

We all had a superb time, a great laugh and all loved being out shooting which is what it's all about, regardless of scores (eh Simon :rolleyes:)

Anyway, this was us earlier, left to right we have my missus, me, Simon Rob's and Andy P.

God we loves our shootin :rolleyes::sly::lol:

post-11-1142803457.jpg

Edited by Marc M

Haha, nice one Catamong!!! :rolleyes:

For legal reasons all guns in the picture belong to me, and yes, that IS an old Mossy, I bought it a few months back as a rough and tumble rabbitting gun for the princely sum of £50. I've put much more money through it in the price of lead so it's more than made it's worth.

The only reason Andy's using it is cos he has some gay fascination with racking the action to reload... reckon's it makes him feel 'hard'... and 'manly'... I think he's just missing the feeling of raggin a good woman about the room :rolleyes:

I just let him get on with it, whilst quietly beating him with my Beretta :sly::lol: :lol:

Yeah another fun day out mate and despite the disadvantage of shooting the mossberg pump (yeah its old but what the hey it still shoots) I was still only 2 birds behind the uber clay meister himself :rolleyes:

Cheers Marc for another top day.

See ya next time when hopefully i'll kick your pseudo scottish *** :rolleyes:

Had a bash at the local English Sporting 50 bird shoot this morning with a few fellow gun oil/araldite smell loving folks...

Even though it was every man for himself we still managed to brave a very quick smile together!

We all had a superb time, a great laugh and all loved being out shooting which is what it's all about, regardless of scores (eh Simon :rolleyes:)

Anyway, this was us earlier, left to right we have my missus, me, Simon Rob's and Andy P.

God we loves our shootin :rolleyes::sly::lol:

Just re read your post mate! think you must of had a few beers last night! Sure I dont like the smell of Araldite!!!!

Just re read your post mate! think you must of had a few beers last night! Sure I dont like the smell of Araldite!!!!

Guilty as charged!!! How on earth did you guess? So I was seeing things when I watched you place your beak over the chambers after ejecting two spent shells and taking in a deeeeeep breath???

Weirdo :lol:

Mark

nice pic, please post more of "my missus" but not the guys with the guns, lol

lucky boy :lol:

pavman

ps, feel free to pm me any to risky to post :lol:

Hee hee, afraid "those" shots are for my eyes only :lol: And you were right, I AM a lucky, lucky boy :lol:

scary thought that , araldite sniffing gun weilding mainiacs on a clay shoot,,,,,,,,

wish i was there, glad you all had a good time, did the wife shoot ?? and if not why not, i have taught my sweetheart :*) to shoot , that way it will be over quick and not wounded for life :lol::lol::lol: just kidding .

seriously did you let the lady shoot ??

Martin

Haha, nice one Catamong!!! B)

For legal reasons all guns in the picture belong to me, and yes, that IS an old Mossy, I bought it a few months back as a rough and tumble rabbitting gun for the princely sum of £50. I've put much more money through it in the price of lead so it's more than made it's worth.

The only reason Andy's using it is cos he has some gay fascination with racking the action to reload... reckon's it makes him feel 'hard'... and 'manly'... I think he's just missing the feeling of raggin a good woman about the room :lol:

I just let him get on with it, whilst quietly beating him with my Beretta ;):D :D

My Buddy has not long since bought a BOLT action mossberg 1960s 12g with adjustable choke too :D

Took best part of a day to strip it back to wood and metal and reblue the whole lot and re oil the stock

Looks a million dollars not but they seem to HATE plastic wads :lol:

His cost a paupers sum of £25 :lol:

Looks great all he needs now is a dead racoon on his head and call him Davey :lol:

LG

**** me marc..what have you got on,you should be on the front cover of...Farmers Weekly :lol: ..you will be wearing your jap slapping suit next and kung fooing the clays as they come out of traps :lol: i will try and come over to the next one :lol:

ps i will dig out my navy uniform...we can go round as the village people :lol:

**** me marc..what have you got on....

It's this new job I've got mate, I now sell guns and game fishing gear for a living, and currently I seem to be spending my wages faster than I can earn them down in our Barbour department, got to dress up honkily for the shooting mate, part of the club now you see :lol:

Forget the village people, just wear that lycra jumpsuit again, the Freddie Mercury look really suits you :lol:

wot new job :lol: ..you kept that quiet

I'm now assistant boss at an outdoor country shop over in the Ribble Valley, I sell airguns, game fishing gear and shooting accessories, oh, and flat caps too :lol: There's also a Barbour dept, walking and outdoor section.

got any cheap bi pods for my new toy...converted lee enfield no 4 with a target barrel in .308 :lol:

We may well have a suitable bipod for you pal, but one thing it certainly would NOT be is cheap, infact, it'd most likely be THE most expensive bipod on sale anywhere. The owner didn't get rich by selling things 'cheap' :lol:

**** me marc..what have you got on,you should be on the front cover of...Farmers Weekly :lol: ..you will be wearing your jap slapping suit next and kung fooing the clays as they come out of traps :lol: i will try and come over to the next one :lol:

Hahaha ive just been in stitches at that comment! fantastic. Well Me and Marc have decided we need to get honky as hell to shoot! Im off to his shop to aquire a flat cap too on sat (not shooting in my "Chav" hat then haha)