Who else loves chocolate cake

mpk

Just thought I would ask, I currently have a foot x foot ( yes that big) chocolate cake in the oven that has about 15 mins left.

It is an epic task and pics to follow. All topping ideas welcome :good:

So come on what's your favourite cake ! ????

My wife makes an exceedingly good giant jaffa cake from a 12" flan base, she uses orange juice and a bit of marmalade in the jelly, and makes a chocholate gnash for the topping.

As for your cake how about good old fashioned whipped cream with pistachios?

That's dam amazing :o :o :) recipe please :good:

Edited by mpk

Me, I bloody love the stuff and one of my local grounds has started serving it in the bar. Now, I am going for two rounds on Saturday, does that mean I can have two portions?

:good:

Nope that's absolutely fine. Infact I would encourage it. You will need your strength for the second round :good:

I also love making chocolate bread in the bread maker - it tastes more like cake than bread so I can tell myself I am not sinning on the calorie front by eating bread instead of cake. :good:

I can taste it now, chocolate bread with nutela spread all over !!! :good:

That's dam amazing :o :o :) recipe please :good:

make the jelly with OJ instead of water, drop a dollop of marmalade in it and pour it into a suitable dish to set lining the dish with cling film first so you can remove it easily, then put it into the flan base. to make the gnash firstly melt some chocolate, add some cream, the book says 175ml, and mix, then whip another 175ml of cream and fold it into the mix, chill it for a bit to firm up a bit then spread it over the rest of the cake. Leave in the fridge for a bit to set. :drool::drool::drool:

My fave chocolate cake is the Mexican Chocolate Cake, with cinnamon and ginger in it. Made it one year as my birthday cake, well actually I made a few days before, and it didn't last till the right day!

Edited by john_r

Cheers gram 71 , and Mexican cake sounds good :good:

I was hoping to be helpful and post the recipe I used. However, I just cannot find it. There are quite a few versions on the web, and I felt fairly certain mine came from a Waitrose magazine and therefore I searched there too. It was seriously heavy on the chocolate, and was quite an effort involving whisking egg whites till they were almost stiff, and mixing tons of grated 80% cocoa chocolate into that. I actually think it had no flour at all. I'll ask at home if the recipe is still around.