TH78D mod's

Scottoj18

I picked up a th78d the other day . I know alot of gunners dnt like smk but the gun shoots straight, nice to hold and looks gd.. They sell then as "full power" but I'm only gettin around 8ftlb using air arms diabolo field .. Iv ceen lots of people saying how easy it is to upgrade to full power .. But no 1 telling me how .. I could do with a bit of help pigeonwatch......

Springer for the winter & co2 for a summer fling.

Scott

I love the look and the feel of the gun it's a shame the power let's it down. At the moment iv got shots dropping at 20 yards or so .. Onces I mod it I hope I will b happy ... A warm day in the uk about as common as a veggie on pigeon watch.. ( I dnt know the %'s I just think it might b rare)

I used the T.R.Robbs tuning kit on my QB78. (About £50 as I recall) It's very easy to fit and came with an explanitary video which made the job even easier. The only thing that you need to watch is which hammer spring you use as the one that I first fitted took mine (.22 version) up to about 14.5 ft/lb, well over the legal (12 ft/lb) limit when we ran it on a chrono and I had to "detune" it rather quickly!

I too am very happy using the QB78, especially for taking out feral pigeons around farm buildings. The only down side is of course the drop in power on a very cold day, but you can't have it all can you?

Hi Scott

The underpowered thing is very common on SMK's guns, I think they err on the side of feebleness so that no prosecutions can be connected to them :hmm:

I have a few 78's and the TH78 in this pic is only shooting at slightly over 6 ft lbs, I just can't be bothered to strip it and do the required work :/

78s.jpg

John :)

i may be too late as youve may have already spent your £50 but you dont need that much spending on it m8

strip polish new seal kit and that will up it quite a bit.i also have a qb78d and i love it the weight the feel and the way it shoots is just perfect for me rws superdomes seem to be the pellet of choice for these barrels as well m8

check out our forum for details of polishing and other mods

andy

airgunuk.freeforums.org