bin for a mooch tonite

miffy

well done miffy a good couple of hours, hope they wasn't to far from the motor

I try not to walk to far ??? most were shot from vehicle except for the last 6 rabbits, when we had to walk round a private park. I had 20 shots and lost one rabbit that i definately hit.

Fluted barrel is for weight reduction and i THINK allows more rapid cooling too if memory serves me right?

That is correct ???

miffy gis the spec on the rifle m8, as my mates thinking of getting one in 223

Remmy 700 vssf, barrel has been chopped to 16" and the trigger has been adjusted to a very very sweet 1 1/2 pull... didn't need to get a replacement timney trigger. Only thing i would change with the rifle is the sound mod. I would prefer the t8 as the vaimeco makes the rifle very front heavy but i'm used to it now (it was the only mod i could get about 6 years ago when i had it fitted) ??? I've not had anything else to the rifle except from bipod and scope which as we know is personal preference ???

Just wondering out of curiosity... how loud is a 22-250 with a sound mod on it, as loud as a 12g shottie ?

Sound mod takes away most of the boom!!!

I hate shooting rifles without a sound mod fitted ??????

Edited by miffy

Just wondering out of curiosity... how loud is a 22-250 with a sound mod on it, as loud as a 12g shottie ?

nowhere near as aloud as a shottie ,................ unless you mean a silenced shottie ???

Ohhh right. I have never had anything to do with rifles bigger than 22.s so i didnt have a clue. I knew that 22-250s without mods didnt know how much difference a sound mod makes. Isit much louder than a 22. ?

I would say it was very much louder than a .22rf

You would need to experience the sound of a .22/250 without a sound mod.....head up to derbyshire and you can have a shot with mine ?????? ...I'll be stood a long way behind you with my fingers in my ears ??????

Edited by miffy

:lol: yeh its hard to explain/understand this sorta thing over the net. Someone i know take a friend of mine out lamping with a 22-250 i might ask if i can go next time.

You should ask if you can go........You will love it :thumbs: :) Take some ears defenders but only put them on after the 1st shot

Had yourself a good night there Miffy ........good shooting :thumbs:

Ive :)

Cheers Ive and all others weather is getting better now Ive so i'll see ya soon, I think the rifle needs a proper zero session....tried it yesterday for first time in ages and it was a bit off :*) Looking forward to the clay bustin too

Technically you need a lurcher if your going to call it a 'mooch' :)

LB

I use to hunt with lurchers a good few years back. Might dig out a few photos and scaned them up for you all. :lol:

Thats if you all want to see them?? :thumbs: