Rooks

lurcherboy

After reading the Shooting Times, 16th March edition, I read Fred J Taylors column with interest. He waxed lyrical about eating young rook meat and made it sound very good.

This has given me the urge to try some as there is nothing better in my book than eating what most people would consider vermin.

So, have any of you tried rook, what did it taste like, any reciepes?

I am looking for sensible replies from our older members :) but realise I will get markbivvy, jimdfish, kip, kirky and associated reprobates posting :thumbs:

Feel free to strike all 'those' posts accordingly Cranfield & Henry D :lol:

LB

had it mixed with some other things in a sort of stew... tastes exactly like chicken. only joking! it is like pigeon but a bit um, stronger tasting... very nice though. Personally id have to have it with another meat and probs in a pie or broth. But thats just me :thumbs:

After reading the Shooting Times, 16th March edition, I read Fred J Taylors column with interest. He waxed lyrical about eating young rook meat and made it sound very good.

This has given me the urge to try some as there is nothing better in my book than eating what most people would consider vermin.

I am looking for sensible replies from our older members  :)  but realise I will get markbivvy, jimdfish, kip, kirky and associated reprobates posting :thumbs:

Feel free to strike all 'those' posts accordingly Cranfield & Henry D B)

LB

lb crow pie is great, just ask desperate dan !!!!! lol are you realy this hungry

can send you some food vouchers for safeways if you want??

cheers kirky :lol::lol::lol:

only joking mate

Edited by kirky640

I am looking for sensible replies from our older members  :beer:  but realise I will get markbivvy, jimdfish, kip, kirky and associated reprobates posting :ernyha:

Feel free to strike all 'those' posts accordingly Cranfield & Henry D B)

LB

lb crow pie is great, just ask desperate dan !!!!! lol are you realy this hungry

can send you some food vouchers for safeways if you want??

cheers kirky :lol::lol::D

only joking mate

I am still a dab hand at the 'free' shopping expeditions Kirky ;)

I just like to eat anything different thats edible. The badger roast may be a problem though :ernyha:

LB

I personally have not tried them, but one of my friends who lives local to me and who I can always rely on to take any surplus of the bag in fur or feather always has my rooks and squirrels.

I read somwhere once that they taste better if they are soaked overnight in milk.

I personally have not tried them, but one of my friends who lives local to me and who I can always rely on to take any surplus of the bag in fur or feather always has my rooks and squirrels.

I read somwhere once that they taste better if they are soaked overnight in milk.

I have read that about the milk 30-6. Now all I need is to hotwire a cow :ernyha:

LB