Crow fuds in dry weather

Just bought half a dozen crow fuds and will be out tomorrow, but with the hard dry ground not sure how I will stand them up with that "blade" they have, how does any body else do it?

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/158135-modified-fuds/page__view__findpost__p__1343703

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/162197-junk-tip-for-diyers-fud-mod-follow-up/page__view__findpost__p__1376856

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/162112-fud-modified/

Or just take a big bottle of water with you and dampen the ground :good:

Just bought half a dozen crow fuds and will be out tomorrow, but with the hard dry ground not sure how I will stand them up with that "blade" they have, how does any body else do it?

Let us know how you get on with the crow fuds doc :yes: Bought a dozen myself a couple of months back,and to be honest never had any luck with them :no: (might be a different matter when the young birds are about)so until then im back on the FB decoys again and the fuds can stay in the shed :yes:

Good luck anyway mate :good: :good: BB

stand on the blade works or just do the same as the pigeon ones and fold the stand back and put them on the dirt. i think there is a picture of how to on the underside.

Phil.

I was with a chap last week who tried this and being a breezy day he spent most of the time chasing them round the field.

He threw them in the back of his truck in the end.

I am sure if I had wanted them (and I certainly don't), I could have had them for a couple of cartridges. :)

I was with a chap last week who tried this and being a breezy day he spent most of the time chasing them round the field.

I am sure if I had wanted them (and I certainly don't), I could have had them for a couple of cartridges. :)

I get on well with them, always have but yes, the foot plate is rather hard to work with. im just modding mine to take bike spokes. my gosh dosent it lighten them up.

Phil.

seemed ok to me and certainly worked today, I will have them if he wants to get rid of them !!!