FAC air

winchester12

I have recently had a go at FT shooting and really enjoyed it. As such I am planning on buying a half decent PCP air rifle. My thinking was buy one which could theoretically be tuned up to FAC status some time in the future, obviously for hunting only, not Field target.

What rifles are best for use as an FAC rifle? Can the AA s200 be tuned up and to what power?

Thanks

Winny

Most Clubs do not Allow FAC Rated Air Guns on Club Ranges

Or to enter Competitions -

Club insurances do not cover Mixed power Gun's on same Ranges

Even if can be turned down

As with most Police forced Registered as a FAC can not be tuned down again

So you either have a Competition Rifle and Seperate FAC Rated Gun's

BOB/R

or save the fannyinh around and geta .22lr

Horses for courses, FAC AIR is a very capable tool without the same high risk ricochets it's very effective out to a decent range (60 yrds) so much so I have just sold my .22lr as it wasn't getting used and have replaced it with as .17HMR to better fill the gap between my FAC Air and the .222

Horses for courses, FAC AIR is a very capable tool without the same high risk ricochets it's very effective out to a decent range (60 yrds) so much so I have just sold my .22lr as it wasn't getting used and have replaced it with as .17HMR to better fill the gap between my FAC Air and the .222

:good: I done just the same used the FAC air more than the 22lr.

I have recently had a go at FT shooting and really enjoyed it. As such I am planning on buying a half decent PCP air rifle. My thinking was buy one which could theoretically be tuned up to FAC status some time in the future, obviously for hunting only, not Field target.

What rifles are best for use as an FAC rifle? Can the AA s200 be tuned up and to what power?

Thanks

Winny

yes it can be turned up, but you will get a poor shot count from this model. Better buy is a Buddy bottle type already FAC rated second hand, they are difficult to sell more about than there are buyers :good:

Turning up most guns is finantially a poor idea

FAC Air has it's uses, I have a few rifles and I still use the 12ft lb and the FAC air from time to time.

If you want FAC it is another whole heap of cost and paperwork, but it DOES have it's uses, almost entirely Field work related!

Probably best to stick to 30ft lb (ish) 40ft lb ABSOLUTE MAX for the VAST majority of people (and available/usable pellets), if you want more then look seriously at .22lr.

There are used FAC tools about, and generally at decent prices, as someone else said because of the market.

For my money if you need FAC Air consider Theoben carefully, don't be taken in by all the Daystate malarkey of keys and 80ft lb, a whole heap of frustration and cost and grief!

:good::good:

Cheers for the ideas!

I already have SGC and FAC FOR .243. Using an air rifle for the first time in years reminded me of how much fun there is in watching the pellet on its way to the target!

Anyway think Ill look at a standard 12 ft/lb air rifle at the moment and think about FAC in the future if I think I have a need.

Thanks

Hiya,

Using an air rifle for the first time in years reminded me of how much fun there is in watching the pellet on its way to the target!

The only way you are able to do that with FAC Air is if you are lamping or have the sun behind you :good: if you can see the pellet any other time you need a refill ;)

Hiya,

The only way you are able to do that with FAC Air is if you are lamping or have the sun behind you :good: if you can see the pellet any other time you need a refill ;)

True enough...and it always amazes me how often I can see the bullet from centrefires under the lamp at commonly 3000 ft sec ++++ :yes::yes: