Pigeon shooting available in East Kent

Happy to see new faces (and a few old ones no doubt). I too remember Hamster from the Greenfields days of a few years ago.

Haven't shot there for ages now - what are the targets like ?

John

I shot it today with Daz and his mates :) , proper targets all the way but the wind made them wicked :lol::yes: . They seem to have a bit more time to set up interesting targets mid week and although I can see a few really struggling if it were like that on Sundays :unsure: , it`s so cheap a few misses don`t matter too much!

I shot it today with Daz and his mates :) , proper targets all the way but the wind made them wicked :lol::yes: . They seem to have a bit more time to set up interesting targets mid week and although I can see a few really struggling if it were like that on Sundays :unsure: , it`s so cheap a few misses don`t matter too much!

[/quote

Well high speed winds, a bit of driven rain then out comes the sun. An awfull score from me with only 50 from the hundred but probably one of greenfields harder days and that weather made it worse, still both Neil and I enjoyed the couple of hours off work. How did you score then hamster you were looking like an 80 plus to me

Well high speed winds, a bit of driven rain then out comes the sun. An awfull score from me with only 50 from the hundred but probably one of greenfields harder days and that weather made it worse, still both Neil and I enjoyed the couple of hours off work. How did you score then hamster you were looking like an 80 plus to me

84 I think but I`ve shot much worse in good weather :lol: .

Another question is the shoot fibre wad only or are plastic wads allowed?

Fibre only !

We sell cartridges at very reasonable rates if anyone needs them :)

Ok, £4.50 for 25.

Claybusters (CCI) v. reasonable cartridges. 7.5

Eley first 21 gram too 7.5

Do the FDSGC currently have maps of the land their members are allowed to shoot over ?

I remember the lack of these was one major complaint that use to be made about the Club.

Certainly a debatable point, but the idea is that people actually get out and learn the grounds and they don't go where they don't know.

Problem with giving someone a handful of maps is that if the limits change the maps all have to be updated - and some people just plain struggle with reading maps. I nearly came a cropper with an out of date map a number of years ago, which the farmer marked up and his gamekeeper disagreed with! I wasn't going to argue with either of them.

Definitely fors and againsts though.

Hi Shane,

Nothing received....

Just tried it and it's working ok, do you want to post again?

John

I have just tried to email again but its not going through properly

Is it possible to send me a private message with a contact number and i can speak direct

Thanks Shane

Certainly a debatable point, but the idea is that people actually get out and learn the grounds and they don't go where they don't know.

Problem with giving someone a handful of maps is that if the limits change the maps all have to be updated - and some people just plain struggle with reading maps. I nearly came a cropper with an out of date map a number of years ago, which the farmer marked up and his gamekeeper disagreed with! I wasn't going to argue with either of them.

Definitely fors and againsts though.

That is a great shame.

I think more shooters are at risk of being in the wrong places without maps, than they are with maps.

You are also shooting in an area where Landowners have become very particular who shoots on their land and "armed trespass" is treated very seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I had to learn more about the club and it all sounded good so I decided to join, for the money you really cant go wrong. The clay ground is much better than I expected and the other members are a genuinely nice bunch. Had a spin out round some of the club permissions yesterday to learn the boundarys and though there wasn't much flying it was a really nice relaxed morning with throughly decent, witty, like minded folk.

Looking forward to many a good day with them in the future

Edited by ack-ack

• 7 months later...

Thought I would reawaken this thread today as I lost my only shotgun permission this morning and am looking for a quick fix are there any other members on here that know a bit obout the permissions available, ie acreage and do you book a few fields and have Jose to yourself? Going to call them tomorrow but thought it would be good to be prepared.

Thanks

Thought I would reawaken this thread today as I lost my only shotgun permission this morning and am looking for a quick fix are there any other members on here that know a bit obout the permissions available, ie acreage and do you book a few fields and have Jose to yourself? Going to call them tomorrow but thought it would be good to be prepared.

Thanks

PM Sent

Thanks

pm you 2 dan

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I went up there this am after contacting them via their club website, I've not shot properly for about 20 years and my 17 year old son hadn't shot at all so he had the gun and a 70 bird card. AJ the instructor was really helpful and got him started, He hit his first clay so that was good and got 18 out of 70 which I thought was good for a first attempt with a gun not really made for clays ( a winchester mod 23 sbs).

He came away happy as a pig in **** and I'm so glad I didn't have a go as I'm not convinced I could have done better.

John explained all the membership requirements to us and I'll allow my son a cooling off period but I have a feeling that we'll be back to try the live bird shooting.

Thanks John and AJ couldn't have been a better introduction to the sport for my son and a great reintroduction to the game for me.

I went up there this am after contacting them via their club website, I've not shot properly for about 20 years and my 17 year old son hadn't shot at all so he had the gun and a 70 bird card. AJ the instructor was really helpful and got him started, He hit his first clay so that was good and got 18 out of 70 which I thought was good for a first attempt with a gun not really made for clays ( a winchester mod 23 sbs).

He came away happy as a pig in **** and I'm so glad I didn't have a go as I'm not convinced I could have done better.

John explained all the membership requirements to us and I'll allow my son a cooling off period but I have a feeling that we'll be back to try the live bird shooting.

Thanks John and AJ couldn't have been a better introduction to the sport for my son and a great reintroduction to the game for me.

Really glad you and your son enjoyed enjoyed the morning! He did pretty well for starting out!

Look forward to seeing you both again!

John

• 1 year later...