Pigeon shooting available in East Kent

Hi All,

My first post, so be gentle with me!

I'd like to let the forum know about our club, the Folkestone & District Sporting Gun Club.

We have vacancies with pigeon shooting available around East Kent and our website is www.FDSGC.co.uk.

Glad to hear from anyone who's interested.

John

PM sent.

PS our clay prices are very reasonable £15 for visitors for 70 bird sporting!

John

Not much info listed on the website so wondered if you could either list some prices and details or PM them over?

Not interested in pigeon shooting as I already have plenty of land for shotguns and rifles but always looking for a new choice for clays.

• 2 weeks later...

i`m thinking about organising a trip up to the venue on June 19th, will post it up on the meet section.

Cool,

You'll be welcome.

If you would kindly give an idea of how many bodies that will involve, we can make sure we have enough bacon rolls !

Hi :) , whereabouts in Folkestone is the clay shoot? I used to go to one around Hawkinge way if I remember correctly. Is it the same one or a different site?

Hi Hamster,

Nothing to do with Hawkinge.

Its in the Coombe Valley, Dover, (where the banger raceway is).

John

Hi Hamster,

John

Nice one John :) , I have many fond memories of pigeon shooting Coombe valley way :) , it breaks my heart now driving through there sometimes :look: , you`d be run over if you set up your hide where I used to shoot. :/

Hi Hamster,

John

Could you give some more details of the clay shoot - address, start time etc. Its always nice to try new sites occaisionally.

You appear to be trying to avoid making public the address/directions? if that is the case then Im happy to recieve a PM, I'm just intrigued why?

'Hamster' Are you the little guy that is a regular at Greenfields with the golf type trolley for your guns and often had some awsome looking robocop shotgun?

Daz

Yes mate, I`m really 6`2" but hide it well :lol: . That ole trolley wore out big time and I`ve been after a replacement since :) . I still shoot the 682/PFS every Sunday, I`ll be there this Thursday too as they have a cheap as chips offer on at the moment, 100 birds for £14.00 members, £16.00 non members.

Yes mate, I`m really 6`2" but hide it well :lol: . That ole trolley wore out big time and I`ve been after a replacement since :) . I still shoot the 682/PFS every Sunday, I`ll be there this Thursday too as they have a cheap as chips offer on at the moment, 100 birds for £14.00 members, £16.00 non members.

REALLY!?!?!?!?!? wow i`ll have to make an excuse to get down to greenfields for the day and shoot a couple of rounds, got loads of plastic wads that need getting rid of.

REALLY!?!?!?!?!? wow i`ll have to make an excuse to get down to greenfields for the day and shoot a couple of rounds, got loads of plastic wads that need getting rid of.

Thursdays only mind :yes: . Plus 2 rounds of Compak for £7.00 :good::lol: .

Could you give some more details of the clay shoot - address, start time etc. Its always nice to try new sites occaisionally.

You appear to be trying to avoid making public the address/directions? if that is the case then Im happy to recieve a PM, I'm just intrigued why?

Hi Canis,

You're right - a bit nervous about going too public, due to security reasons, but you guys are hopefully trustworthy on here !

We start around 9 (usually with a tea & a bacon roll!)

Go into Dover and take the road signposted “Bucklands Hospital”. Go past the hospital and take the first exit at the roundabout towards the industrial area. After ¼ of a mile you will see some big concrete blocks. Take this road for 1 mile and you are there. This is also the road where the Combe Valley Raceway is.

Happy to see new faces (and a few old ones no doubt). I too remember Hamster from the Greenfields days of a few years ago.

Haven't shot there for ages now - what are the targets like ?

John

Hi Canis,

You're right - a bit nervous about going too public, due to security reasons, but you guys are hopefully trustworthy on here !

We start around 9 (usually with a tea & a bacon roll!)

Go into Dover and take the road signposted “Bucklands Hospital”. Go past the hospital and take the first exit at the roundabout towards the industrial area. After ¼ of a mile you will see some big concrete blocks. Take this road for 1 mile and you are there. This is also the road where the Combe Valley Raceway is.

Happy to see new faces (and a few old ones no doubt). I too remember Hamster from the Greenfields days of a few years ago.

Haven't shot there for ages now - what are the targets like ?

John

Another question is the shoot fibre wad only or are plastic wads allowed?