Open ticket fao visit

Hello all

I have just heard from my fao and he's coming to see me about opening my cert up. I hav a .22 and a .223 I want it to shoot on land that the owner doesn't want to have the police round as it's a business and the fact I want to go lamping on other land without worrying if it's cleared. Is this a good reason for it? And what's the best way to phase this to the fao??

I have had my fac for 3-4 years but my .223 only for 3 months I'm also looking at getting a .17 soon as well will this affect my chances

Any help and previous experience info would be great :)

Thanks

FS

your better off saying your getting calls for single visit pest control jobs, and at the moment your having to say no to alot of people, I did this on my first application and was granted an open ticket straight away,

As a guideline for you, Leic's force will not open a ticket untill the class of firearm has been used for a minimum of three years... or near-on. Thus my rimfire is on open ticket but the C/F will not be opened until I have had it for three years.

If your FLO has a more rural approach you may get lucky but be prepared for a knock back.

Ok I shall try that, I'm not worried to much about my .223 being opened so long as .22 and hopefully .17 when I apply for it :) but we shall see it's a new fao to me as my last one retired so we shall just have to see what he's like :)

Cheers

FS

Farmshooter, let me know how you get on. I'd quite like to get mine opened up.

All the best with it.

DD

I don't think you should be so easy going with this request, if you are after an open ticket basically you are expecting to be trusted to recce an area and decide what is the appropriate calibre rifle for you to complete the task in hand, and do it safely. After 4 years of clean use, e.g. no problems or complaints and the proof that you have been using the rifles regularly (ammunition record on FAC) you have every right to request your ticket is open for all your rifles. So go for it mate, you can only try and I can't see you being refused as long as you have not had any problems and you have reasonable reason.

Slangevar,

Jimmy

Hello all

I have just heard from my fao and he's coming to see me about opening my cert up. I hav a .22 and a .223 I want it to shoot on land that the owner doesn't want to have the police round as it's a business and the fact I want to go lamping on other land without worrying if it's cleared. Is this a good reason for it? And what's the best way to phase this to the fao??

I have had my fac for 3-4 years but my .223 only for 3 months I'm also looking at getting a .17 soon as well will this affect my chances

Thanks

FS

If the land owner does not want a police visit is the land already cleared for FAC,if its not surely it will not make a difference if your ticket is open or not.

Hello all

Thanks

FS

If the land owner does not want a police visit is the land already cleared for FAC,if its not surely it will not make a difference if your ticket is open or not.

Do u mean that if the fao doesn't think it's safethen you shouldn't shoot there anyway?

Be ause land may hav safe shots possible just not the whole area of land so an fao isn't going to say u can shoot here but only in this direction, where as if you cleared the land you would judge yourself and only take the safe shots

FS

I'd be asking the question "why does he not want Police to visit the land" ?? It's a business? Hummm, not really a reason in my book!

Because not all land owners are happy with a police presance on there land or grounds, I no fao are in plain clothes and cars but you still no there basically police offciers, and the fact I'm guessing that the police have to meet the land owner to talk with them??

FS

You may be asked how you would go about assessing the land yourself, the obvious one is are there adequete backstops, but also things like the type of surface you will be shooting over...exposed rocks etc (risk of ricochet), proximity to places of residence, are there any public right of ways?etc,etc. Make sure you ask yourself how YOU would assess the land, the fao will probably ask you.

of course it will, as an open ticket puts the onus on YOU, to deem it safe to shoot, as has been said in another post on here, not all FAO's know everything, one fao wouldent clear land for centrefire, his replacement did, so its clear that deeming land suitable is down to the individual

one of my customers has a 2 acre long garden, doubt if it would be cleared, but checking the rear of the garden its a quarry, thus night shooting only gives me a clear 2 miles, with no public pathways etc