Browning 'special' white lightning

vdubber

Hello all can someone help me out here as im getting confused, Ive just bought one of these new from an rfd, thought I was just buying a citori

post-23562-0-90980700-1305056030.jpg

turns out its a citori white feather,(I found this out after an internet search) this is a library pic, mine has a really nice bit of wood,maybe a grade 3, 30" barrels and 3 invector plus chokes. The thing that has confused me is that the box it came in (and the serial numbers all match up) says its a 'special' white lightning, a 'standard' white lightning being one of these

post-23562-0-35027800-1305057047.jpg,

I cant find anything on the web about 'special' white lightnings, apparently the lightning is called the lightning because of the rounded pistol grip, which mine clearly does'nt have? Hence my confusion. Hope this makes sense! Would appreciate any info from someone in the know or also has one please!

From what I can tell the American version is slightly different from the European version, things like more basic wood and the rounded pistol grip. Yours will either be a white lightning or a feather, don't think there is such a thing as a white feather.

http://www.browningint.com/products/firearm.php?productsarea=browning&sommaire=Over%20and%20under&classe=citori

Whatever it is it looks great!

From what I can tell the American version is slightly different from the European version, things like more basic wood and the rounded pistol grip. Yours will either be a white lightning or a feather, don't think there is such a thing as a white feather.

http://www.browningint.com/products/firearm.php?productsarea=browning&sommaire=Over%20and%20under&classe=citori

Whatever it is it looks great!

Certainly looks like a Yankee version to me.......I'd be well chuffed as I'd be surprised if you see many guns that look as nice.

The Stock looks very good....I'd be getting a stock sock if I was you, so you don't accidentally scrape it when taking it in & out of your Gun safe!

Thanks alot for your replies chaps, reckon you must be right, the thing that confused me most was the american browning tv ad for the white lightning,it said it was called the lightning because of the rounded grip, like I said mine does'nt have it. Would be nice to know if they put special white lightning on versions for the uk maybe regardless of stock? Also does anyone know how I can find out what grade my stock is?

Hello all can someone help me out here as im getting confused, Ive just bought one of these new from an rfd, thought I was just buying a citori

post-23562-0-90980700-1305056030.jpg

turns out its a citori white feather,(I found this out after an internet search) this is a library pic, mine has a really nice bit of wood,maybe a grade 3, 30" barrels and 3 invector plus chokes. The thing that has confused me is that the box it came in (and the serial numbers all match up) says its a 'special' white lightning, a 'standard' white lightning being one of these

post-23562-0-35027800-1305057047.jpg,

I cant find anything on the web about 'special' white lightnings, apparently the lightning is called the lightning because of the rounded pistol grip, which mine clearly does'nt have? Hence my confusion. Hope this makes sense! Would appreciate any info from someone in the know or also has one please!

Hi

I have a Citori as well, bought recently. The box says Citori sp white feather and it doesn't have the round grip. Not sure if these are made in Japan or Belgium, been told Japan by RFD who sold it to me. Cert in box is in French, so guessing these guns pass through Belgium at some point in the assembly or packaging process ( does anyone know, just out of curiosity?)

Mine also has cracking piece of wood but I believe all Citori's at entry level price are Grade 1 wood, but not sure if you can get other grades or how you tell? 3 chokes in the box - 1/4 1/2 3/4 invector + as the white feather is the game / field variant in the citori range , but I use for clays 99% of the year. Traded a Beretta White Onyx, again Field variant. If anyone is considering a purchase at some point in the near future and can't decide between a Citori or a Beretta at the same price range, I would recommend the Browning! I've had 2 Beretta's , this is my 1st Browning, and I am chufffed to bits that I swapped over!

Final point, if you want to know what year your citori was manaufactured, the last two letters of the serial number tell you. E.g "ZM" is 2010 you can find other letters on Browning website. Hope that helps!

If anyone can tell me what the "sp" means on my box, that would be appreciated! :) Cheers!

Further to my last reply try ringing UK Importer for browning on 01235 514550. Go through on option 1 and if you tell them your serial number, they will give you the full history of your gun including wood grade! Just been told mine is 2.5! :) The citori's are all made in Japan.

Hopefully, all questions will then be answered!

"SP" does stand for Sporter (thanks Gordon) and all White Feather's are Sporters!

• 1 month later...