Camo gloves for summer

Hi all,

I'm looking for some lightweight camo gloves to wear during the summer when pigeon shooting. My hands are now the only part of my body not covered up. All of my camo gear so far is English Woodland.

I think I would like an open-able trigger finger and I'm a lefty if it makes any difference.

Do you cover your hands when pigeon shooting? If so, what do you use?

Do you think it will/does it make much difference?

Can you recommend any products?

Thanks,

Gareth

I personally don’t think that gloves are of any use, :no: If your hide is good and you keep still, then take the shot, there is a lot of gun in front of your hands for the birds to see.

Also, shooting them at a decent distance helps the pattern work for you; pigeons have fantastic eyesight and respond to movement, so as above……….Keep Still then take the shot…….

TEH

im with essex.........it all comes down to movement!

we waste alot of money on camo clothes etc etc. and to be honest i dont think it makes that much difference as pigeons only see in black and white anyway (apparantly)!

but if you are moving about like someone in a night club....then you wont have a very successfull day at all.

key is keep your head low and keep still....and enjoy :yes::good:

Thanks for all of your opinions :)

Seems like some people like them and others only bother in the winter. I agree with the no movement until needed, but at the same time wearing a camo veil on our heads has made a noticeable difference. I'll take a look at your suggestions and see if I can pick up a cheap pair from somewhere. If not then it's probably not worth it until winter kicks in again!

Cheers,

Gareth

I got some fishing gloves from aldi last year, green in colour not camo with thumb and index finger tip openings, velcro back fastenings. can't remember the exact price but they were cheap, less than a fiver i think. I have found them very useful. :good:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just last sunday at a car boot,a trader selling everything from lighters to masking tape, had camo caps,and shooting gloves on his stall ,,Trigger fingers on both left & right gloves cut down to half,,These gloves are in camo and all sizes,,For a fiver !!..Anybody in the codicote area,then go to the car boot at the back of "G M Growers" shop..Nr Chicksands,,He is there every week.