pellet grouping

super sharp shooter

Did this today with the HW100 .177. 14cm x 14cm target,circles are 20mm, 35 yards 15 shots at the bull and 1 in each of the outer circles....yep I'm a :smartass::lol::lol::lol:

There you go Super Sharp Shooter. This is an average group for 35 yrds, what you should be looking for. A decent technique will get you this no problem :yes:

Did this today with the HW100 .177. 14cm x 14cm target,circles are 20mm, 35 yards 15 shots at the bull and 1 in each of the outer circles....yep I'm a :smartass::lol::lol::lol:

******* show off :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: BB, Is that modded .410 of yours full choke :hmm:

Edited by Bluebarrels

Lol. Give the man a break!! :lol:

Practice techniu tecnigu the way you shoot the rifle and the groups will tighten. :good:

Sorry,we shouldn't mock, but when someone comes on with the user name 'super sharp shooter' and posts a picture of a target grouping like that what can you expect :lol:

It reminds me of those basic questions asked by our friend 'the pest expert' :rolleyes:

Sorry,we shouldn't mock, but when someone comes on with the user name 'super sharp shooter' and posts a picture of a target grouping like that what can you expect :lol:

It reminds me of those basic questions asked by our friend 'the pest expert' :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol::rolleyes: :rolleyes: BB

does that make you a thief with the user name uk poacher

The game or fish is not in season; usually the breeding season is declared as the closed season when wildlife species are protected by law.

The poacher does not possess a valid permit.

The poacher is illegally selling the animal, animal parts or plant for a profit.

The animal is being hunted outside of legal hours.

The hunter used an illegal weapon for that animal.

The animal or plant is on restricted land.

The right to hunt this animal is claimed by somebody.

The type of bait is inhumane. (e.g. food unsuitable for an animal's health)

The means used are illegal (for example, baiting a field while hunting quail or other animals, using spotlights to stun or paralyze deer, or hunting from a moving vehicle, watercraft, or aircraft).

The animal or plant is protected by law or that it has been listed as extinct or endangered (see for example the Endangered Species Act for the USA or the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 and similar laws/treaties.

The animal or plant has been tagged by a researcher.

Edited by super sharp shooter

advice

OK. Get a new user name. :lol:

I so miss him being on the site, he was fantastic value and to be fair took all that was thrown at him....... :good::lol::lol:

Where else could you get educated like this for free? :lol:

get one of them sample pellet packs, half used one's come up on PW some times in the other sales section i used my mates, my BSA likes crossman premier or wasps, but generally shoots fine with most. My Norica is fussy it likes wasps, or Norica roundheads but key holes allot of other pellets i tryed, My SMK isnt fussy just has a dogey breach so i have to make sure each pellet is really well pushed in using a match head..

:lol:

What was the target pinned to?

That target face looks strange!

The hole structure looks very odd, are you sure those were all your shots from a .177, there seems a lot of varience of penetration traits and size?

Compare that to the hole size and penetration consistancy on post22!

:hmm::hmm:

Ok Super Sharp Shooter rather than give you a ribbing about not living up to your name let's see if we can help you to be a real "Super Sharp Shooter!

First and foremost, as has been said you need to find a pellet that your gun likes. The easiest way to do this is to buy one of the packs of different pellets to try. Failing that you could try scrounging a different types of pellets from your mates to try. Don't worry too much about hitting the bull every time initially, look more for consistencey in a tighter group - You should be able to get a 1 inch group at say 20 yards!

Once you have found the best pellets for your gun which give you a reasonable tight group then you can move on to the next step and zero your gun up with that type of pellet - And make sure that you stick to using just that type only! I will not go in to zeroing methods, that has been covered umpteen times.

It looks as if you could do with learning to hold your rifle correctly. Springers especially can be a devil of a job to shoot well if your hold is wrong! I suspect that you are gripping the rifle like there is no tomorrow - Try using a slightly lighter grip on the forend rather than gripping it like it is going to try to run away from you, dont try to fight the recoil, you will never win by doing that with a springer!

You say that you were resting on a milk crate - First of all make sure that the milk crate is not still on the back of a moving milk float - Sorry I couldn't resist that one! Rather than rest directly on the milk crate or anything else that is really solid try rolling up your coat or something similar to make a slightly softer surface to rest on or use a small sand bag or something similar - You will be surprised at the difference this can make!

When you have all of the above sirted you need to learn to control your breathing! When ready to shoot exhale then take another reasonably deap breath in, hold it for a second or two and then start to exhale. Halfway through exhaling that breath stop, steady yourself while you hold the rest of the breath in. Now is the time to squeeze off the shot, and remember not to snatch at the trigger, just a gentle squeeze!

Once you have mastered all of this (Technique) I am sure that your accuracy will improve, then it is all down to practice, practice and more practice!

I hope this helps you rather than looking like I am "trying to teach your granny to suck eggs"!

Edited by Frenchieboy

Ok Super Sharp Shooter rather than give you a ribbing about not living up to your name let's see if we can help you to be a real "Super Sharp Shooter!

First and foremost, as has been said you need to find a pellet that your gun likes. The easiest way to do this is to buy one of the packs of different pellets to try. Failing that you could try scrounging a different types of pellets from your mates to try. Don't worry too much about hitting the bull every time initially, look more for consistencey in a tighter group - You should be able to get a 1 inch group at say 20 yards!

Once you have found the best pellets for your gun which give you a reasonable tight group then you can move on to the next step and zero your gun up with that type of pellet - And make sure that you stick to using just that type only! I will not go in to zeroing methods, that has been covered umpteen times.

It looks as if you could do with learning to hold your rifle correctly. Springers especially can be a devil of a job to shoot well if your hold is wrong! I suspect that you are gripping the rifle like there is no tomorrow - Try using a slightly lighter grip on the forend rather than gripping it like it is going to try to run away from you, dont try to fight the recoil, you will never win by doing that with a springer!

You say that you were resting on a milk crate - First of all make sure that the milk crate is not still on the back of a moving milk float - Sorry I couldn't resist that one! Rather than rest directly on the milk crate or anything else that is really solid try rolling up your coat or something similar to make a slightly softer surface to rest on or use a small sand bag or something similar - You will be surprised at the difference this can make!

When you have all of the above sirted you need to learn to control your breathing! When ready to shoot exhale then take another reasonably deap breath in, hold it for a second or two and then start to exhale. Halfway through exhaling that breath stop, steady yourself while you hold the rest of the breath in. Now is the time to squeeze off the shot, and remember not to snatch at the trigger, just a gentle squeeze!

Once you have mastered all of this (Technique) I am sure that your accuracy will improve, then it is all down to practice, practice and more practice!

I hope this helps you rather than looking like I am "trying to teach your granny to suck eggs"!

Good advice! :good:

But you forgot to mention that he only needs to close one eye!

:lol:

loving the smiley face in the left hand corner :) once you find the right pellet for your gun the best advice is pratice pratice pratice its all good and well people taking advice but unless you get to no how your gun shoots and how you handle it best there just words and they wnt improve your shooting. once you can get a good group at your 22 meters abwt the size of a 2p coin to start with then try different ranges. myt be worth asking on here or if you go to a gun club to see if sum1 might spare an hr or so to give a few pointers when your shooting. over time you will get better we've all started like that at one time

post-11603-0-04894300-1306144691.jpg

Edited by northeastshooter