A good Nights work

pavman

Been watching an Earth for a while trying to get a shot at a very skittish small Vixen before clearing up her brood. The last 3 sit outs have given me fleeting glimpse but no chance of a shot as the Earth was in deep cover on the eadge of a wood. Went down last night after work shot a few bunnies and laid them out about 25 yards from the earth then sat in the high seat. Cubs come out after a short while and start investigating then mum shows up and gives me my chance in good light. The cubs quickly followed once mum was taken care of. All over by 9pm for a change..........

post-1500-0-09585900-1306395887.jpg

Edited by pavman

nice work...looks to be some big holes in those foxes...what set up are you useing ???:good:

.243 Tikka Varmit @ 58 grain VMax............. I have a S&B PMII on this rifle and its good in low light, the vixen was lamp shy so i wanted to give myself every chance of getting her first without a lamp....... put in a lot of time to get it right so in the end the short time the job took was as a result of efforts made over sometime :good:

good stuff..do you home load :good:

only for shottie........... the Factory Hornady 58grain Vmax is a cracking round in my Rifle

The holes are exit wounds all went in the front chest area as i faced them head on

Edited by pavman