Megga massive day in Aberdeenshire Scotland

Well said Frank, I've watched them shoot on some land adjoining mine, and their attitude was, "If it flies, it dies", that goes for butterflies, blue tits, even bumble bees.

Looking at the photos and the appalling kill ratio, I had a sneaky feeling these "Sportsmen" weren't home grown, hence my post.

Old Charlie will be feeding for some weeks off the many wounded birds that must be fluttering about in the nearby woods and fields.

In France you need to pass a basic proficiency test on quarry I.D, gun handling and safety before you are granted a licence to shoot live quarry, perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea for us here in the UK..??

Cat.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of **** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every Pigeon that is shot goes home at great expense and is used by the clients and their families.

I have been shot twice once by a Scottish Lairds son and once by an Irish guy never had a problem with Italians in 12 years, always polite do what they are asked and great hunters.

As for wounded birds. We do have dogs in Scotland !!!

Strange how when Digweed supposedly shot his record on no one accused him of things like the above.

Put your toys back in your prams and grow up :/

Well said Frank, I've watched them shoot on some land adjoining mine, and their attitude was, "If it flies, it dies", that goes for butterflies, blue tits, even bumble bees.

Looking at the photos and the appalling kill ratio, I had a sneaky feeling these "Sportsmen" weren't home grown, hence my post.

Old Charlie will be feeding for some weeks off the many wounded birds that must be fluttering about in the nearby woods and fields.

In France you need to pass a basic proficiency test on quarry I.D, gun handling and safety before you are granted a licence to shoot live quarry, perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea for us here in the UK..??

Cat.

and youre the man that has always shot everything dead and out rite not !!

read what you have said in print man youre jealous!!! :/

Just another thought why would Italian hunters go and shoot in Hertfordshire :/??

Now be very careful with your reply as I know what they will shoot and what they will not :devil: So dont tell me Pheasants !!!!!!!!!!!

For the same reason they go to Scotland - to shoot Pigeons...or for that matter anything else which flies, crawls or runs within 150 yards of the end of their guns.

Cat

I would surgest the next time you personaly see someone shoot a Blue *** you report them to the police :/

Don't start me on that one - the Police in these parts are far more interested in trapping basically decent honest folk who just happen to be safely doing 34mph in a 30 limit...I'd get laughed out of the Police station - if I could find one that's open..!!

:devil: :blink:

Cat.

What has that comment got to do with my Italian clients :devil:?

By the way an English client shot 182 today suppose he is not a sportsman ha ha ha.

You make me laugh :/

If you want to come up here and shoot 20 to 30 per day feel free will make my job easy :*)

Total for the day wait for it 922 Pigeons shot by 5 of our clients in Aberdeenshire in 1 day.

Was shot on rape over 10 square miles.

Clients shot over 5500 shells.

Who would go and shoot in England when we can get huge numbers like this in the North of Scotland :/?:devil:???

Clients shot "over 5500 shells", lets keep it simple and say 5550..??

5550 divided by 922 = 6.02 shells per bird, and that's over decoys, not flight shooting..!!

Most good shots would look to average slightly better than 2 shots per bird over decoys, provided they knew what they were doing and kept the kill zone free of dead birds, OK, if it's windy you bring the deeks closer to the hide so a second barrel shot is usually always within range and perhaps your average may drop to 3 shots per bird if it's really windy, but 6 shots per bird is truly appalling, by any standards.

Still, if you've now got a pocket full of their dosh, I suppose that's all that matters..??

Cat.

what with the rain and the midges!

:D

A bit like here then?? :D never stops here at times :lol: , but i love it. :/:)

The freedom means a lot to me. :D

Altough its not as free as it was when i first came here 17 years ago, things are slowly changing. :D

Alaska next, me thinks. :D:D

• 3 weeks later...
HW,

A good bag, but what an appalling kills / cartridges ratio, nearly six shots fired for every bird picked up.

There must have been many hundreds of birds wounded by such poor marksmanship.

Were the guns foreigners, by any chance..??

Cat.

who cares about ratios get a grip you jealous boys i would shoot loads more than that if i had to get a great bag like this. well done lads dont listen to these mumpin englishmen keep up the good work and good luck with youre next punters

cheers kirky

if u dont put lead in the air u wont kill it !!!!!!!!!

and cartriges are cheap go shooting to shoot things not count shells

so basically kirky youd be happy to shoot a thousand cartridges to get a 100 pigeons ? you must be a seriously **** shot ! :blush:

no just a good shot mate if u dont shoot u wont kill !!! :drinks:

why would anyone want to go out and shoot that many pigeons for i dont know,o its to do with andy,all about money thats all they think of.i shoot so many and pack up.

ye rite so ur have a great day and ur shooting lots of pigeons u get so many and go home with them still pouring into the decoys i think not please dont come shooting in scotland as you will be laughed out of the pub lol at u mate we all know yuo would be there until u were bored sounds like you never had a great days pigeon shooting before !!!!

Edited by kirky640

scotland is the last place you will find me in, think of better places.

yes thats rite you stay down there with youre packed roads etc youre welcome to youre home land everyone to there own cheers kirky

:blush::drinks:

why would anyone want to go out and shoot that many pigeons for i dont know,o its to do with andy,all about money thats all they think of.i shoot so many and pack up.

ye rite so ur have a great day and ur shooting lots of pigeons u get so many and go home with them still pouring into the decoys i think not please dont come shooting in scotland as you will be laughed out of the pub lol at u mate we all know yuo would be there until u were bored sounds like you never had a great days pigeon shooting before !!!!

coment mossy please :yahoo:?