Megga massive day in Aberdeenshire Scotland

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HW,

A good bag, but what an appalling kills / cartridges ratio, nearly six shots fired for every bird picked up.

There must have been many hundreds of birds wounded by such poor marksmanship.

Were the guns foreigners, by any chance..??

Cat.

Who would go and shoot in England when we can get huge numbers like this in the North of Scotland :)?:(???

Me for one I hate Aberdeen, spent 16 years working on and off oil rigs best feeling in the world on the plane home back to blighty!

No offence intended but Scotland stinks ask my mate Highlander came down south got his pasport stamped met mrs Highlander and nerver went back, cant say I blame him :/

Nice to see such a bag even if the c to k ratio was s****. Well done. Like to know the weather conditions, temperature, wind direction, cloudy, sunny etc etc perhaps you'd post.

My only misgiving is that by showing such pictures some on here (and maybe elsewhere) get the impression this is the norm when we (should) all know better. There are many more days when the bags are a lot less (sometimes almost none existent) than these 'once in a blue moon' outings. It's like the DVD's who's gonna show a bad day??? but they are the norm. For bad read...even a bad day shooting pigeons is still better than a good day at work! :)

As for Aberdeenshire I luvvv the place. Wet, cold and miserable but one of the finest wild quarry shooting areas in the world! :/

HW,

A good bag, but what an appalling kills / cartridges ratio, nearly six shots fired for every bird picked up.

There must have been many hundreds of birds wounded by such poor marksmanship.

Were the guns foreigners, by any chance..??

Cat.

who cares about ratios get a grip you jealous boys i would shoot loads more than that if i had to get a great bag like this. well done lads dont listen to these mumpin englishmen keep up the good work and good luck with youre next punters

cheers kirky

if u dont put lead in the air u wont kill it !!!!!!!!!

and cartriges are cheap go shooting to shoot things not count shells

Edited by kirky640

Hey I can shoot as good as anyone, Dont tell me that when you are roost shooting you can do better than 6 to 1. I would rather shoot 20 shells and get a cracker than shoot none at all.

The day the big bag was shot there was a 35 mph gale as soon as you popped your head up over the hide the pigeons were on their way out of the decoys.

I think there are just to many people shooting pigeons in the summer down south time for a closed season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hunterswind9465

Yep the clients were all from Italy great people and left a good tip :devil:

Just shows that using a good guide who looks after his ground pays off

Italians...that explains the c to k ratio, surprised it wasn't more. Brave man entertaining them...or do you have a suit of body armour :/

Yep the clients were all from Italy

These same people have in some parts of Irealnd, made our native irish hare almost instinct :/ :blink:

They shoot everything that gets up in front of them and im not exaggerating, i have seen it with my own eyes. :devil:

They are unsafe, triger happy greedy and throw money to any guied to get them as much game as possible.

They have no respect for their quarry, the more they shoot the better, numbers mean a lot to them.