Zeroing in your own garden

Greenhunter

seems to me I should have added,over the years I've seen it all!, I.e. These events I've seen myself over a period of 20 years.................and not just at my club,but mostly by the pimms target rifle crew at bisley mostly......

I'm not trying to go off on a tangent (though it seems to happen in many threads)...

I do most of my Target shooting at Bisley....if ANYONE, on or around the firing point, did any of this then their club, or ANY other club RCO or official would have words/BAN them immediately, and report the incident to the range office so the club would get a rocket!! :yes::yes:

I'm not trying to go off on a tangent (though it seems to happen in many threads)...

I do most of my Target shooting at Bisley....if ANYONE, on or around the firing point, did any of this then their club, or ANY other club RCO or official would have words/BAN them immediately, and report the incident to the range office so the club would get a rocket!! :yes::yes:

oh each incident was dealt with,according to its severity. I'm not saying it was not.

My bolts stay in my rifles.

Having driven all over the country with another PW member, who routinely leaves his bolts at home in the safe - I've learnt that lesson at his expense (No names - yet) :lol:

mine too.

nothing quite as funny as watching a family member of mine realise that he had left his bolt at home after a 3 hour drive and a ferry ride for a weeks stalking!

TBH if the OP has to ask a question about whether he needs to have "an open FAC" to shoot in his own garden then he doesn't fully understand the terms of the condition. I don't mean that as an offensive statement, he has had the good sense to come on here and ask.

what I dont get is the armchair Health and Safety consultants getting all up in arms about someone using a rifle in their own garden, regardless of details.

It would appear that I do fully understand the conditions on my ticket as has been proved by (some of)the replies.

I thought that (a) an un-restricted condition would be needed and (b)a very large garden would also be required.

All I was doing, in a non-provocating way, was to question the fact that others were saying they did zero in there gardens.

Can't deny the fact that I would still find it extremely handy though ;)

I agree about the H&S issues, range shooters V sporting types and all the other bumph which has been raised as a consequence of my query, interesting but not entirely 'on the subject' IMHO.

GH

TBH if the OP has to ask a question about whether he needs to have "an open FAC" to shoot in his own garden then he doesn't fully understand the terms of the condition. I don't mean that as an offensive statement, he has had the good sense to come on here and ask.

what I dont get is the armchair Health and Safety consultants getting all up in arms about someone using a rifle in their own garden, regardless of details.

Ok...forums are about debate/argument, idiots, experts, opinionated no hopers and those that don't know one end of a gun from another, the fact is on this one, the important part is the DETAIL (of his garden). :good:

how many safe hunters will walk up to the firing point with a bolt fitted with a gun they cleared themselves and take that roasting

:yes: Been there, done that! More than once too.

I just don't range shoot enough for the point to always get across. Now and again I have a brain lapse - Why is this empty piece of steel tube bringing me so much unwanted attention? Why is this daft bloke in a bright jacket shouting at me when I've not even found the mag for the rifle yet and the bolt is clearly open? God knows, but it's the rules so I really should try to remember them! :blush:

As for walking forward whilst others are firing, or worse still someone firing while others are forward. I'm afraid I wouldn't be seen again in a club that allowed shooters on the point when I'm patching my targets. If someone let a round off I'd have to slap them!

I have been thinking of this as its getting a little target v hunter. Not realy fair like i say the two are different in so many ways and its wrong to critisise the uneducated as a teacher. If target RO's have issues it's thier fault for not giving range orders initially. How about this then " had an attack of the trots while on an indoor range once", the toilet was actually downrange so the RO called stop off i trot red faced down to a suposed cleared range :blush: . Mid stream i heard a Bang, buttoning myself up and calling out the RO says " its ok i told this shooter he could shoot his chambered round off" - Don't visit that club no more :rolleyes:

Just though i should mention this as to put it simply there are idoits in all camps :yes:

I have been thinking of this as its getting a little target v hunter. Not realy fair like i say the two are different in so many ways and its wrong to critisise the uneducated as a teacher. If target RO's have issues it's thier fault for not giving range orders initially. How about this then " had an attack of the trots while on an indoor range once", the toilet was actually downrange so the RO called stop off i trot red faced down to a suposed cleared range :blush: . Mid stream i heard a Bang, buttoning myself up and calling out the RO says " its ok i told this shooter he could shoot his chambered round off" - Don't visit that club no more :rolleyes:

Just though i should mention this as to put it simply there are idoits in all camps :yes:

without a doubt kent,incidents will always happen.