hide on the fen

proTOM1

I have been lucky enough to pick up some fen land shooting over the past few weeks my problem is ive only ever shot on fen land a few times and there has always been a bush or something to setup against . My problem is where ive got there is nothing ,no trees,hedge,bushes or long grassand the dykes are to deep . Ive setup in the middle of fields in the past but that has been when i no i will get a good bag .

At the moment im trying to get in the farmers good books , so when he calls im there no matter how many birds are there .

Today i used my pop up hide and all tho ok prefer to be able to shoot more free .

So what does everyone else do who shoots over fen land or the like ?

Oh cant put up permanent hides as farmer not keen .

Ps did shoot a few from the pop up final bag was 41 :yes:

Cheers pro

I very often put out hides in the middle of fields. I did so in the middle of a near bare rape field last week and shot 131. I simply used 2 stealth nets and a clear view net to make a box hide. Pigeons took no notice of it.

The 3 nets were all different colours and didn't really blend in - i don't think it matters.

Edited by motty

Dont worry,I have rolled up plenty of times in the past and just stuck a hide up in the field and had a decent bag, just make sure your hide is not too see through and you will be fine a bit of a roof can be handy in such situations .

I am in these conditions most of the time.

I shoot sitting down, a low level hide usually triangular, with the wide bit at the back and the front low enough to shoot over.

Full camo, incl mask and gloves.

The important thing as has been said, is don't get silhouetted.

I picked up some camo printed burlap which is ideal inside a stealth or MoD net.

3 nets. 5 poles and a chair. put your chair where you would like to be and then put a square of poles around chair, 5th pole in front of chair to make triangle. two nets around out side and a third over the top of the square leaving a shooing hole.

i wouldn't worry to much about where you set up. find where the birds are and set up close to them, even if its in the field. as long as your low down then the birds don't seam to worry about it. i have had many a good day set up in the middle of a field.

I am in these conditions most of the time.

I shoot sitting down, a low level hide usually triangular, with the wide bit at the back and the front low enough to shoot over.

Full camo, incl mask and gloves.

The important thing as has been said, is don't get silhouetted.

I picked up some camo printed burlap which is ideal inside a stealth or MoD net.

I have to practice similar methods when the pigeons come into crop circles in the middle of wheat fields. If it looks like rain then I'll use a pop up hide. You just have to accept that you have a restricted zone of fire.