bisley snap caps

Mr mac

I wouldn't bin them mate, It can only do good using them if you don't mind the hastle of taking them out each time. Ignore all that BS about mistaking them for a live round, you've gota be a fool to do that!

You've got to be a fool to 'load' something into your gun when you don't intend to shoot it.

I use snap caps in my Over and under, and I've never mistook them for live shells, nor have I had any other negative experience. They can only do good, with the only cost being what ever the price tag of the snap caps plus a little hastle.

Do you also remove the springs from your ejectors, or do they stay compressed? Likewise, your car should be jacked up at night, to take the pressure off the suspension, but I'm sure you already knew that <_<

Edited by Billy.

Actually, where cars are stored and not required for immediate use, we remove the springs entirely. I restore classic cars for a living, so it is important to keep them in very good condition. Yes, we do go to the extremes of spring removal and detentioning of other parts to save them from excessive wear or misforming. I look after the projects at work very well, so like wise I look after my own kit at home.

To be honest Billy, you are right.. I know they are not necessary on new guns. If they where so important to use they would come free with the gun. Beretta wouldn't want to be forking out for new firing pins/springs because I'm not using snap caps for the next 10 years of the warranty. Like you said, it's purely habit and peace of mind..

Edited by Beretta Italy

I know they are not necessary on new guns. If they where so important to use they would come free with the gun. Beretta wouldn't want to be forking out for new firing pins/springs because I'm not using snap caps for the next 10 years of the warranty.

and therein lies the answer to the snap cap debate :yes: