Ammo Prices

hogey

When I first bought my 243 I too bought factory rounds, winchester 80g soft points worked out around £1 per shot. My tikka shot them ok an inch @ 100yds but I soon moved onto reloading and now soley use hornady 75g v-max for everything. They too work out around 50-60p each. This is the results if I do my part right. (3 shots)

post-12981-0-22199500-1307812736.jpg

PRVI PARTIZAN 95 grain and also PPU both are about £60 for 100 but reloading is better and cheaper

Did I miss something...95g PRVI in .243??????????

PRVI Partizan ...AND .....PPU?, what was the difference?????

Now I really lost, can you explain to an old timer whose brain and eyes are obviously not what they were!

Cheers

Edited by Dekers

There practiclly the same bullet just under a diff name, i buy these as there around the same price as buying brass then i reload them. I get a good grouping on them but do prefer a lighter load for foxes. Ive been making 55 grain balistic tips as i get a nice flat trajectory on them. The PRVI PARTIZAN and PPU i find start to drop a little at around 175 yards. Have you considered reloading? you will get alot better results and save money in the long run.

Just found this for PRIV PARTIZAN.

This ammo is manufactured by Prvi Partizan in Yugoslavia/Serbia. The Prvi Partizan ammunition plant manufactures ammo for military use around the world, and is well known for their superior quality ammunition. It is brass cased, boxer primed and 100% non-corrosive. If you need some good cheap .243 ammo for hunting this is the ammo for you.

There practiclly the same bullet just under a diff name, i buy these as there around the same price as buying brass then i reload them. I get a good grouping on them but do prefer a lighter load for foxes. Ive been making 55 grain balistic tips as i get a nice flat trajectory on them. The PRVI PARTIZAN and PPU i find start to drop a little at around 175 yards. Have you considered reloading? you will get alot better results and save money in the long run.

Just found this for PRIV PARTIZAN.

This ammo is manufactured by Prvi Partizan in Yugoslavia/Serbia. The Prvi Partizan ammunition plant manufactures ammo for military use around the world, and is well known for their superior quality ammunition. It is brass cased, boxer primed and 100% non-corrosive. If you need some good cheap .243 ammo for hunting this is the ammo for you.

Sorry chap, one of us is somewhat confused, and it could well be me, just what is the difference??

...and 95g .243 PRVI????