Missing SA80's

Simon Roberts

Thing is with the SA's first time you go to rob a bank and it too hot/to cold/ a bit dusty and the thing jams, they will all end up in chucked in the canal anyway :lol::lol:

It's OK Devilshdave - I know they are all sorted now.

I spoke to a 'user' a couple of weeks ago and he couldn't praise them enough and he thinks the scope is one of the best available :lol:

Just what I need for the old boar shooting trip :lol:

I spoke to a 'user' a couple of weeks ago and he couldn't praise them enough and he thinks the scope is one of the best available
Well having now used them myself, i can vouch for the A1 being a load of green plastic cack but the A2 is definately a lot better. With regards the scope.... the less said the better. In my experience the picture isnt all that clear and the tripod sighting element is IMO too big and is all to easy to obscure somthing with.

The difference is you can't take out geese and hares with 90 yard headshots with an SA80, and we all know you can do that easily with with a .22 airgun :lol::lol:

Yeah I used to do that all the time when I was a lad. You see you modern airgunners have it easy, we used to have to walk 50 miles to get our rabbits and then walk 50 miles back home again. Bare footed. If we didn't shoot anything we used to go hungry, none of this welfare rubbish, you don't know when you have it so good. Home made pellets, not like ............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz etc etc.

The difference is you can't take out geese and hares with 90 yard headshots with an SA80, and we all know you can do that easily with with a .22 airgun  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah I used to do that all the time when I was a lad. You see you modern airgunners have it easy, we used to have to walk 50 miles to get our rabbits and then walk 50 miles back home again. Bare footed. If we didn't shoot anything we used to go hungry, none of this welfare rubbish, you don't know when you have it so good. Home made pellets, not like ............... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz etc etc.

Rollocks Snakebite, you had it easy.

A catty made from a piece of bedspring and three lacky bands - and you daren't come home until you had enough 'meat' to make a Lancashire hotpot.

But there again - all yous southerners are softies

Don

I heard it was 26 actually SA80s LOST or stolen in 9 years which wernt recovered.

I don't think this is a bad number. Obviously zero is a better number but when you take into account the excersises that the troops carry out it must be hard to keep track of all the guns all the time.

I am sure many more legally owned guns are stolen each year.

200 equates to one in 2250 which is 200 to many but over the last 20 years how does that equate to all civilian owned fire arms?

Or on average one in every 45000 per year! That would be the same as an FLO area such as North Yorkshire not having to deal with a single missing weapon or just one in a year.

Where has the figure of 200 been conjured?

Too many people are too quick to jump on the bandwagon and criticise the army.

My guys have been shooting in competition last week and between 10 of them they had 1 stoppage in just a shade over 12000 rounds with the A2 which cant be bad in any ones estimation.

Hitting target after target at 600m with them!!

Dave

Edited by Devilishdave