shooting wagon for under £500???

leeds chimp

Having a look round for a shooting wagon as lass has moaned toooo much for me taking hers out and getting it dirty and mucky :lol: and she would hit the roof if i damaged it :blush:

So looking on ebay and autotrader seen a few i like the look of so far:

vauxhall frontera

suzuki jimmy

toyota rav4

mit shogun

advice please ... :good: or maybe you know of one for sale...not fussed on the state of the inside aslong as mot and maybe some tax

Think you'll be hard pushed or extremely lucky to find anything solid with much MOT at this end of the price scale.

I picked up a SWB Vitara locally which was on ebay for £580 and had a couple of months MOT to run,

Put it in for MOT early and it needs welding and rear brakes as one side is siezed and handbrake cable broke during MOT test.

I looked at 3 Mitsubishi Pinnins, 1 needed welding and the other two had been welded, All in the same places too.

Having a look round for a shooting wagon as lass has moaned toooo much for me taking hers out and getting it dirty and mucky :lol: and she would hit the roof if i damaged it :blush:

So looking on ebay and autotrader seen a few i like the look of so far:

vauxhall frontera

suzuki jimmy

toyota rav4

mit shogun

advice please ... :good: or maybe you know of one for sale...not fussed on the state of the inside aslong as mot and maybe some tax

There is a Mitsibushi Pinnin on Other Sales section for £600 which might be worth a gander! V Reg I think. :hmm: It was put on either yesterday or day before

Mates got an sj pickup for sale, 6 months mot and tax, 6 tonne winch and bill bar on the front, mud tyres and a 2" lift, just lost his job and wants 500 for it, I was going to buy it but can't fit it in my yard as we are having a massive extension done!

could you get me some more info year mileage etc as could be very interested

Mine is £200 i think. You could always give us a call tommorrow, and i could for sure.

did not think it was going to be that much but

will try and call but working at glastonbury festival this week and cant remember what signal is like and want to keep battery high as can

Edited by leeds chimp

No, mine has the lever.

It has the double overhead cam engine.

It also has windows at the back and i paid £210 tax. Is this right ???

Then I think yours is the same as mine :good:

Mine has windows too, I just painted over them :good:

All depends on what year they changed the tax bracket. For example, a Mitsubishi shogun Sport, pre 2006 is about the £200 pa mark, after 2006 the road tax is around £400 pa............ stupid huh :/

And no, its not registered as a commercial, as I sometimes have one of the seats in the back :good:

Just found this;

''How it works

From 1st March 2001 the annual car tax (or Vehicle Excise Duty - VED) rates are determined by CO2 emissions and type of fuel used. This information is on the car’s log book - also called a V5 document.

If your car was registered before the 1st March 2001 then car tax is based only on the engine size, with one rate for engine sizes up to and including 1549cc and one for engines over 1549cc''