shooting wagon for under £500???

leeds chimp

Having a look round for a shooting wagon as lass has moaned toooo much for me taking hers out and getting it dirty and mucky :lol: and she would hit the roof if i damaged it :blush:

So looking on ebay and autotrader seen a few i like the look of so far:

vauxhall frontera

suzuki jimmy

toyota rav4

mit shogun

advice please ... :good: or maybe you know of one for sale...not fussed on the state of the inside aslong as mot and maybe some tax

shame your so far away a young girl i know is selling a vitara on a V plate badboy in black for £450 tax and mot .

I have 2 1993 Toyota hilux surfs, but I realy think one of the best for getting to where you want to go are Suzuki SJ's.

With good tyres on them, they will go almost anywhere.

Jimny's are prety good as well, if they have a bit of lift!

2aifxcj.jpg

Surf's have a great inside carrying capasity, a rear tailgate window that goes down, handy to use as a hide!

When lifted are great offroad.

Another great truck I had was a Asia Rocsta!

It was like a mini jeep, but with a 2.5 diesel engine and was the dogs dangly bits!

33pbl0m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I used to think that my jeep was good off road but if you just have a look on you tube at any 4x4 and I think the only thing that matters is ground clearance and some good AT tyres.

Practically any 4x4 will do the job the most important thing to look for in a cheep 4x4 is that it has little or no rust any mechanical problems can be fixed but rust will kill all cars.

In the end do not worry about what make to get they all do much the same job only some do it more expensively than others.

Here's my Frontera 2.0 petrol, early one with leaf springs on the back.

Lifted the front 50mm by tightening the torsion bars, and the rears by fitting plus 100mm shackles, cheap and easy!

It came with loads of history, the Camac 255 75 15 tyres, and 3 months tax & mot

Paid £300 :good:

064.jpg

Here's my Frontera 2.0 petrol, early one with leaf springs on the back.

Lifted the front 50mm by tightening the torsion bars, and the rears by fitting plus 100mm shackles, cheap and easy!

It came with loads of history, the Camac 255 75 15 tyres, and 3 months tax & mot

Paid £300 :good:

064.jpg

thats what i am after or a mitti shogun either in 3 door aslong as reg before 2001 as its cheaper tax but not by much tho

I have the swb frontera apache ltd ed 2.0l petrol and it is brilliant off/on road,fitted with at2 general grabbers.If you like lamping you will not get a better truck as the whole top of the roof comes off with 4 clips to create a safe standing area :good:

I did pay nearly a grand for mine,but they can be found a lot cheaper,get the apache as it comes with all the goodies :good:

I have the swb frontera apache ltd ed 2.0l petrol and it is brilliant off/on road,fitted with at2 general grabbers.If you like lamping you will not get a better truck as the whole top of the roof comes off with 4 clips to create a safe standing area :good:

I did pay nearly a grand for mine,but they can be found a lot cheaper,get the apache as it comes with all the goodies :good:

I am really toying with the idea of getting one as i dont like taking the lass car out just in case anything went wrong while i was out....I have seen a couple but I dont know what to look for on them

Like Vamp says, they are great as a shooting truck!

You can also take out all the rear glass, so you get a semi-pickup look, just need some nice weather...

Join Muddy Fronteras, you will find all the help & advice you need :good:

http://www.muddyfrontera.co.uk/forum/index.php

They are an Isuzu Trooper with a different body on, you can get the 2.8 Isuzu TD engine if your lucky, but I'd stick with the 2.0 sport petrol, small and agile and dead easy to keep on the road/mud!

Edited by jacksdad