Call for cubs

russ91

Where cubs are concerned I don't think you can beat the mirror and polystyrene! Failing that just about any squeeker that is not too loud! If one doesn't work try a different one - Always carry a few different types, I have even used the squeeker out of a dogs toy to some success! If using an electronic caller the Distressed Rabbit or the Rodent would be my first choice but most will do as cubs can be quite inquisitive when they first start straying away from the earth!

As Sako751sc has said, many cubs can be quite siucidal on the lamp with a squeeker/caller and the trouble can be stopping them, being so nieve(sp) they often come in to a squeeker like express trains and be on top of you before you know it. When shooting cubs I like laying out in the long grass on a nice warm sunny evening from early July onwards - Very relaxing and it can be quite productive! (When we do eventually get a few sunny evening that is! :lol::lol: )I shot quite a few like this year and they came in so fast and confidently they were "barked at" to stop them and shot at very close ranges, just before they were so close that they were just a ginger blurr in the scope!)

Let us know how you get on mate! :good:

As most above, radio 1 on the rite day :yp: Called one in the other night, well sort of me, it should of been a rabbit in distress and -------

"shania Twain, Man i feel like a woman". came out instead :lol: she did the job though :good: had to stop it at about 60yds- it was starting to get out of focus.Must have really liked the track :yes:

As most above, radio 1 on the rite day :yp: Called one in the other night, well sort of me, it should of been a rabbit in distress and -------

"shania Twain, Man i feel like a woman". came out instead :lol: she did the job though :good: had to stop it at about 60yds- it was starting to get out of focus.Must have really liked the track :yes:

There's just no accounting for some foxes taste is there? I'll have to try a Sam Fox album, even if they don't like her voice they might fancy a look at her knockers! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Frenchieboy

hiya russ the main thing to remember is the mothers instinct is to protect her cubs, if you can get her to come the cubs will follow without a shadow,

last year me and my shooting partner had a similar situation with 1 mother and 4 cubs

she didn't want to no with hand whistles and the rabbit distress off my mobile which as seen a lot of foxes fates over the last few years the cubs will come to them all but not without the mother

the mother ended coming to the WAM whistle needless to say we cleared up you find it hard to buy them on ebay try letts the origional WAM whistle small brass disc type its about £ 6.00

hope this helps

regards...